03

My mom watched as I pulled out of the garage, smiling and probably planning all the cool things my family is going to do without me while I'm gone. I waved out the car window as I drove over to his house, in absolute misery. His house was a few neighborhoods over. I used to play over there all the time, when we were buddies of course.

The Wilkinson house was really beautiful. It was gigantic compared to my small ranch home. Their home's outside was painted a light brown color with an accent color of white, which made it look quite elegant. They had beautiful curtains on the windows and designs on the door. It was a two story house and I knew that they were very familiar and friendly to their neighbors. 

Sammy always told me he liked my house way more than his when we were in elementary school. Yeah, right.. I would do anything to live in a house like his. I had always thought he said he liked my house to make me feel better about where I lived. Mrs. Wilkinson had her second child when Sammy was in eighth grade. I think she was about four or five years old now. I remember seeing her in the hospital. When I came to visit the newborn with my mom, she was in a small purple blanket and had the cutest little white hat that was decorated with a purple bow to match the blanket. She was such an adorable baby, and Mrs. Wilkinson chose a beautiful name.

Lilac.

-

Once I arrived, I parked in their ginormous driveway and proceeded to get out of my light blue mini cooper. I saw Mrs. Wilkinson's Jeep in the driveway and Sammy's Mustang on the side of the road, in front of their house. Sometimes I wondered how Sammy got that car. Selling drugs? Probably.

I knocked on the door and Mrs. Wilkinson opened the door.

"Come on in Carina!" She answered the door with a smile on her face. I hadn't seen her in so long, she has only really hung out with my mom. "It's so nice to see you, you look so grown up!" She gives me a hug and I smile as soon as we pull away. She gestures me to come in and sit down at the kitchen table. She closes the front door and joins me at the table. "I'll go over some things with you, then I'll have to head to the airport." she said quickly, I could hear her the pressure and rush in her voice. 

The house was just like it was eighteen years ago, when Sammy and I were born. On the same day, one hour apart. He was older. There he goes again. Bitch. The house was still absolutely gorgeous, clean, and spotless. Mrs. Wilkinson was a little bit of a neat freak, unlike my unorganized mother, but they still seemed to get along very well. Opposites attract?

I noticed the pretty fairy lights that hung around each wall of the house and the lights wrapped around the stair railing. Even if it wasn't Christmas, we all knew how much Sammy's mother loved Christmas and room decor. It just made the house look even more beautiful in the evening. I admired her decor style and the dedication she took to keeping her house clean and presentable.

I pursed my lips in a thin line as Mrs. Wilkinson began to go over the variety of things I needed to get done while I was here. I began to feel anxious. I was really hoping that I would make Mrs. Wilkinson not have to worry about anything during her trip. 

"Lilac really likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so every other day for lunch, you'll need to make some. On the other days, you can make or give her whatever is in the fridge or pantry." She explains before making a concerned face as she looked over at the gorgeous lights around the house. "Oh and Sammy?!" she yells up to Sammy, quickly writing on a notepad that she pulled out of the drawer, under the marble counter. He yells back down from upstairs. "What?!"

"At six please turn off the hanging lights!" he yelled an "K." as a response and she continued to give me responsibilities.

Bitch..if he said K to me I would literally shove it up his ass and make it twist.

-

She hugs Lilac and yells up to Sammy to say goodbye. I assumed he was in his room. I thought it was very disrespectful that he didn't even bother to go downstairs and say goodbye to his mom that is leaving for half a year!!!

"I'm going Sammy!" she called up to him and he replies with an, "Okay." My mom would kick my ass if I didn't go downstairs to hug her goodbye. I guess Mrs. Wilkinson just deals with it. I don't know how, but she does.

I shook my head, slightly, but not too much to where she could notice. 

"Have a nice trip, Mrs. Wilkinson. I promise that you won't be disappointed!" I grin as she rushes out the door, throwing me the keys before she closes it.

I skimmed over the list she gave me.

List of things for Lilac:

She doesn't like any vegetables except broccoli and corn.

She's allergic to mushrooms.

She likes to be read stories at night.

Her bedtime is seven thirty.

Mac and cheese is her favorite dinner.

------------------------------

i hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

btw...highly recommend listening to the song attached, you don't have to listen to it while reading the chapter but it's so good..just saying.