21

My mouth gaped open as I saw Sammy covered in bruises and scrapes, blood still oozing out of bandaged areas. Damn, he looked miserable. I saw that his left knee was in a cast and his whole right arm was in a splint. My eyes filled with tears. His eyes were open, but he couldn't move.

He must've heard me come in because the bed shuffled a little bit. I ran over to the side of the bed and a tear that dripped from my eye dropped on his left arm. "Sammy.." I struggle to say, due to the sobbing. He looks at me with pity. I cup his face and plant a soft kiss on his lips.

"Sammy what happened??" I say, as he lets out a cough. I look around the white room. There were several IVs hooked up to him. A nurse came in to take some blood from one of his IVs. She leaves after she collects a little container of his blood.

He coughs and a small amount of blood comes out. His face was pale and he looked very weak. I ran to the side of the room and went to a counter to get a small wet wipe. I walked back over to him and slowly wiped away the blood, throwing away the wipe after I cleaned it all.

"Sammy, please tell me what happened." I say with a concerned look on my face.

"I-i was out at a bar. W-we havent--" Cough. "talked and I was r-really stressed and upset. I ended up having four beers and i had a few shots with Gilinsky." Cough. "G-g-gilinsky got mad drunk and so did I. He started a conversation about you. He said he wished he could have had seven minutes in heaven w-with you." Wheeze. Cough. "I got upset, I was jealous so-- I-I pushed Gilinsky off of the stool and onto the floor. After a few punches and me ending up on the floor..I passed out." He explains. I could see the regret in his eyes. But at the same time, I couldn't understand. He was the one who wanted a break, and although I appreciate that he stood up for me and went through all of this, I had wondered if he really was jealous and missed me. Or if it was just the drunkness controlling him that made him go after G.

I looked at him with sorrow and he continued. "People who witnessed the fight told me the cops came and I threatened and assaulted them.. After I get better.. I'm off to five years in jail for assaulting cops.."

FIVE YEARS?! This has to be some crazy dream. I can't believe that this is happening. I know we aren't on good terms, but I cannot have him go to jail. I would miss him to much and I wouldn't know what to do with myself because this whole fiasco happened because of me..

————————

OHHHHH CRAP NUGGETS

i wanna know where my readers are from:) comment where you're from