19

"Call me if you need anything, okay?" Lizette smiles at me, as Sammy treads up the stairs. (sorry but who the fuck calls anyone anymore, texting amirite LADIES)

I nod, putting my phone away after she types her number in. I was really happy that things turned out the way that they did, not that I'm very happy that Sammy cheated on me, but I'm glad that I didn't rip her face off. She seemed really sweet and did not have bad intentions, because she didn't know that Sammy and I were a thing. I loved that she respected me and told off Sammy.

After Lizette leaves, I debate if I should go upstairs to talk to Sammy. I was really disappointed in the way that he acted, especially since we had just started dating days ago. I really wouldn't want to be in a relationship in which whenever he gets mad, he finds someone else to pleasure/pleasure him. I look up at the stairs and sigh. I walk up them to Sammy's room and hesitantly knock on the door.

"Come in." I heard his husky, raspy voice. It was different from how his voice usually was, but, it kind of turned me on. What the hell. I'm still mad at him, I don't know why I'm thinking about how he was "turning me on." Actually, the voice he used was quite scary.

I turn the doorknob and slowly make my way inside of his room. I avoid making eye contact with him until I reach the edge of his bed and sit down, meeting each other's eyes.

He takes a deep breath and holds my hands. "I think we need to take a break." A break? Are you kidding me?! I can't fucking believe him. Yeah, we just had a huge problem in our relationship, but I know we can get through it.

"B-but Sammy, we've only been dating for a week--"

"Carina, I think it's best for me to look over everything and fix what's wrong with me." He says. Hell yeah you need to fix yourself but, I just didn't understand why I couldn't contribute to helping him.

"You know I basically live in your house now, we can't just not see each other." I explain and chuckle. He glared and shook his head. "I'll go out during the day and you take care of Lilac. It won't be a long break." He promised. Sammy is not good at keeping promises, so, I had no idea if this was going to be a short break as he said. He could be completely done with me.

I sighed and realized that this was best for us.

"I guess I'll just..go.'

-

FIVE MONTHS LATER

(" short break?" I THINK NOT)

Carina's POV

This was my last week with Lilac. Sammy and I haven't been talking for five months, but I remember his words.

"It won't be long." Almost half a year seems pretty long to me. But I've let the whole thing go and learned to accept the fact that Sammy isn't the guy for me. Lizette and I have been closer and now we're best friends, and we've even planned the college we both want to go to. I finished packing my stuff because I was leaving two days from now.

Sammy has been gone since last night, he never came home. I was worried, but he was an adult now, I think he's fine. If anything happens to him, that's all on him.

-

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. What the..? Who could be calling me at three in the morning? I groan and lift my phone to my face, and my frown turns into a smile.

Lizette is calling you...

I swipe the screen to answer the phone and I put the phone to my ear, curious to see why she was calling me so late.

"Hey Liz, what's going on?" I ask, getting paranoid by the second.

"Sammy is in the hospital."

---------------

suspense af

20 votes and i'll update :)

what do you think got sammy in the hospital? comment your guess in the comments :)