"Anyways he approached my desk asking about you and where you been. I told him you'll be back Monday. You know the word on the street is him and Shaniya broke up. Now she fucking with some other nigga. She be posting and him shit but I know she just tryna make Trigga jealous." He finished. I couldn't help but shake my head. As soon as you miss school, that's when you miss all the good shit.

"And why did you tell this nigga I'll be back Monday? I'm not going." I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to go and face everybody. Who told him to answer for me anyways. "Laurel seriously what's going on with you? I know you just lost your father and he meant the world to you but baby that doesn't mean this is the end. I hate to be that person and bring up a painful reminder but you know your dad would have not tolerated this missing school shit." Tyler lectured.

I sighed remaining quiet letting what he said sink in. As much as I hated to admit it he was right. "I just don't wanna go." I shook my head. I just wasn't feeling it. Physically or mentally. I just didn't have the motivation to do anything. I was a complete mess, literally and figuratively. My hair was crazy, and let me not even get started on my nails and feet.

"Look I love you friend and I mean well but you stank. Literally and figuratively. This is not the Laurel I know. I wouldn't be a real friend if I didn't tell you the truth. So get up." Tyler snatched the blanket off of me completely. "We taking that damn weave out yo head cause it's giving me crackhead. I already told my mom you were coming in today to do your hair. Then we're getting mani/pedis and going to the mall to get a cute outfit for yo nigga. Cause you're going to school." He joked making me throw my pillow at him.

"I don't have no money for all that." I protested. "Bitch I ain't ask for all that just get up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got my brother's car for the whole day," He wiggled the car keys. Giving up, I made my way to the bathroom for my first shower in days.

********

Like Tyler said, his mom was waiting for me in her salon. She was the only person I let do my hair because she took care of it. The shop was empty and the music was softly playing from the speakers. Usually, her salon was closed on Sundays but she opened it just for me making my heart feel warm.

"Laurel my baby! How are you doing?" Faith hugged me. She was always so excited to me and had a beautiful aura. She treated me like I was one of her own.

"Momma we need her hair laid. She gotta snatch someone's son on Monday." Tyler told her as he sat in the empty chair next to me. Rolling my eyes at him, I discreetly gave him the middle finger.

"Mhmmm Laurel let me find out." She smirked.

After a much-needed wash and cutting my split ends, my hair was braided down. I got a simple side part sew-in with the bundles straightened to perfection. Tyler's mom also sold hair on the side and her hair vendor always gave her the best of the best. She made sure my leave out blended in perfectly and my edges were slick. I looked like a new person.

"Free of charge," She winked at me.

********

I walked alongside Tyler feeling like that bitch. My hair was long reaching my butt and flowing as I walked. The white vintage Von Dutch tank top that I tied showed off my flat stomach and curves. Although I lost a little weight, my low rise blue skinny jeans were hugging my hips. My white Gucci slides showed off my fresh pedicure. Tyler was right when you look good you feel good.