Assignment

I walked into the office building and sat down at my desk. I sighed and started pulling out the contents of my bag; folders, notebooks, colored pencils, pens, pencils. I laid it all down on the table and turned on my laptop.  I set my bag down beside and typed on the computer Val Dancer, I needed to learn more about him. Dancing With The Stars Season Winner, Rumer and Val. I realized this was the mirror ball trophy. he was telling me about. I started reading the article when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped to see my boss. Keeping busy are we? he asked. I exed out of the article and looked at him and shrugged. Can I speak to you for a moment? he asked. I nodded and stood up. He walked back to his office and I followed behind him. We arrived at his office and he motioned for me to sit in the chair in front of him. I took my seat and turned my attention to him. Now Jamaica, it's been brought to my attention that you've been working a lot harder then usual, but you've been distracted easily. Care to explain? he asked. I shrugged. There's nothing to explain really, I'm just dying over here in nature pictures, I want to get out and about and take pictures. Taking pictures of the beaches and all the animals, I'm dying over here. I said running a hand through my hair. He nodded. That's actually why I wanted to talk to you. I have a special assignment for you today if you're up for it. he said. I raised an eyebrow intrigued. Let's hear it. I said. How would you like to cover the Dancing With The Stars show happening tonight? he asked. One word popped into my head...Valentin. I nodded. Yeah, I can do that; sounds like something new, I'm up for the challenge. I said with a smile. He smiled back. Great, the producer knows you're coming. he said. Wait. I said cutting him off. How does he already know I'm coming? I asked. My boss smirked. I know you wouldn't be able to reject the offer. I laughed and rolled my eyes. You know, you're a real pain the butt sometimes, James. I said. He shrugged. Yeah, but you still put up with me anyway. he said walking over to the side of the room. He grabbed a bag and set it down on the desk. Alright, this bag has everything you're going to need for tonight; notebook, pens, pencils, recorder, and of course, your camera. he said. I nodded at all the equipment. And they also told me to give you this. he said pulling out a backstage pass from his pocket. I took it from him and put it in my pocket. Any questions? he asked. Who am I meeting when I get there exactly? I asked. His name is Lucas, he'll be waiting at the entrance of the warehouse. he said. I nodded. Anymore questions? he asked. I shrugged. I'll let you know if I think of anything. I said. He nodded. Well. he said looking at his watch. Think it's time for you to head out. he said. He stood up and I did the same. I shook his hand. Thank you for this opportunity James, it honestly means a lot. I said. Of course, don't let me down. he said with a wink and exited his office. I grabbed the bag off of the table and walked to the elevator. I got inside and had to think things over for a minute. I was covering a dance show about the guy that bought me a coffee this morning. I smiled to myself as the elevator doors opened and I walked out to my car. I walked out to my private parking spot and unlocked my car; my pink Maserati. I put the bag into the bag seat and started up the car. I buckled up and backed out of my space. I drove onto the road and headed to the location James told me about.