Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to Aqua Timez...for being so freaking awesome!

Later that evening, around probably eight-thirty, I heard the famous voice:

“It’s close…!”

I mentally screamed. Holy crap.

Rukia Kuchiki.

Here.

The first main scene of Bleach.

Ohmigod.

I listened quietly for the rest of the scene:

“How’s that for close, jerk-off?!” Ichigo. I rolled my eyes. Idiot.

He continued. “Psh! Pretty cocky for a burglar, aintcha?! What’s close?! The safe? Is that burglar-speak or something?!”

Rukia continued with her amazement that he could see and kick her, and explained that she was a Soul Reaper (a.k.a. Shinigami [A/N: I will be referring to them in both ways, possibly event the third, “Death God,” so be prepared.]), and all about Wholes and Hollows and such. I even heard her doing the Konso on that lingering soul that was stuck to Strawberry. Talk about awesome.

Then came the crash.

The whole house shook, and I heard the two girls scream. My friends started getitng up, and I hurried them outside into the street. I got them to go as far away as possible, then headed back inside and into Karin and Yuzu’s room, where the Hollow was attacking. I screamed (like any normal person would) and pulled the girls out as quickly as possible. So Karin wouldn’t be able to crawl to Ichigo’s room to warn him; well, some things about this story are going to have to change. Like this. The girls are going to be safe.

Isshin was nowhere to be found, so I hurried into Ichigo’s room, where he and Rukia were still talking. I pretended I didn’t see Rukia and yelled to him. “Hey! Idiot! Something’s tearing up the house! Get outside, NOW!”

His eyes widened, just now realizing what was going on, and rushed out of the room, nearly pushing me to the ground. “Where’s Karin and Yuzu?”

“Don’t worry,” I said, grabbing his hand. “They’re fine.” I started to pull him out of the house. “They’re with Tara and Babs. ‘C’mon, we gotta figure out what the hell’s going on!”

We were in the living room, and I saw Isshin on the ground, crumpled up. I gasped. Ichigo started to rush over, but I pulled on his hand, lurching him back. “Look!” I yelled. “I’ll deal with your dad! Go! Find out what’s going on!” He swiftly nodded his head and I rushed for Isshin, grabbing some paper towels from the counter and packing up the huge wound on his back. God, was it bad; there was blood everywhere. I tried to ignore the horrible stench and pull Isshin somewhere relatively safe. I knew I couldn’t get him outside, so I dragged him behind the kitchen counter and hid, where I continued to put solid pressure on his cut. He was out cold, and I constantly checked his pulse.

After a few minutes, Isshin looked okay, so I left him for a minute to go and see what was going on. I hid behind the wall as I saw Rukia stab Ichigo all the way through, transferring her powers. She meant only half, but what she didn’t know was that he absorbed all. Not until it was too late, anyway.

I watched Ichigo’s transformation to a Shinigami, and the first sighting of his zanpaku-to, Zangetsu. I nearly screamed in delight as I watched Ichigo slay the Hollow.

Then everything went black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“’C’mon guys!” Isshin came into our room, waking the three of us up. “It’s time to get to school!”