"Positive" she said giving me a reassuring smile. "So how was the tour?"

"The tour was great. I wish you came out with me for some if it."

"You know I would've loved to, but things just stared popping off with Lace, I couldn't put that on hold for six months." She said trying and I sighed.

"I get it" I said, even though I didn't. I never asked her for six months, I asked her for a week or doom even a few days, and it was still too much for her. I felt like a lot of things came before our relationship with Tanaya and it was getting to me, because whenever my job got in the way, she had a fit. I didn't want her to quit her job, I was proud of everything she was doing, but I wanted her to make a sacrifice for me every now and then. I wanted her to sacrifice things not just when it came to work, but when it came to everything. For the three years we've dated, I haven't seen my family on Thanksgiving or Christmas, we always had to go to her family, and if I tried to go on my own, it was a big ass dramatic scene. "I'm proud of you though" I said genuinely

"Thank you baby. I couldn't have done any of it without you."

"No, you could've. Lace is your baby, not mine." I said taking a sip of water

"Yea, but if you didn't get my foot in the door with the right people, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am right now." She said

"Well, you don't need to thank me, I'd do it all over" I said causing her smile to widen.

"So, am I gonna be getting any bad news about the tour?" She asked after a few moments of silence. She had to ruin it.

"Why would you get bad news?" I asked leaning back in my chair and folding my arms across my chest.

"I don't know, you're around a lot of beautiful females and they're all throwing themselves at you. There's truth behind every rumor." She said softly.

"Look you need to stop reading those Groupie Tales. I'm not cheating on you. If I was cheating, I wouldn't beg you to come on your with me." I groaned, tired of having this conversation after every tour. I understood how my position would make her a bit insecure, but the lack of trust she had really bothered me.

"I'm sorry" she sighed "It's just hard sometimes. You're so far away, I just never know."

"Have I ever given you a reason to believe I was cheating on you?" I asked and she shook her head "exactly, and I won't start now. Stop pinning what your last dude did on me." When I met Tanaya, she was fresh out of a relationship. She left her last dude because he had cheated and started whole new family, without her knowledge, and she had a plethora of insecurity issues. We've been together for three years and I still can't get her to shake them. A part of me couldn't blame her, I was surrounded by females everywhere I went, but like I said, I never gave her a reason to think I would be her old guy. I answered her constant phone calls, and if I missed them for a reason, I always called her back. I never snuck around with anyone, if I had meetings with females, I always gave her the opportunity to be present. I didn't have any intentions on hurting her and I needed her to understand that before this broke us apart.

"I'm sorry, it's just that, it happened in your last relationship-"

"And that last relationship isn't this one." I said, cutting her off "I was young, and stupid, but I've changed. I'm not that kid anymore. I see what I want, and it's right in front of me. I need you to believe that." I placed my hand under her chin so she could be looking in my eyes, "I need you to believe that" I repeated before she gave me a small nod.

"I do." She said

"You sure?" I asked and she nodded again "Good." I said taking her hand and bringing it to my lips.
************

I laid in bed with Tanaya curled up into my arm, breathing softly against my chest. I had a good time with her tonight at dinner but ever since our conversation at dinner, I couldn't shake thoughts of Channel. I couldn't hole back and pretend that I didn't miss her sometimes, and but I couldn't be mad because I was the one that messed everything up for us. Sometimes, I still thought about what things would be like if we were still together. I really saw myself with her in my future, but that vision was shattered the moment she showed up at my apartment and found Vanessa there with me. She was a good one, and so was Tanaya, but Channel, she was perfect.

I felt Tayana shift in my arms and I smiled knowing that even though I may have ruined things with Channel, I still had a gem right here. She may not have been Channel, but with Tanaya, my future was just as bright. I placed a small kiss on her forehead before closing my eyes and letting the sleep take over my body.

This was just to give you guys a little update in Trey, I know it's short, sorryyyyyyyy. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!!

What do you guys think so far?

You guys like Elliot and Channel?

Trey and Tanaya?