He Stole My First Kiss 29

Start from the beginning

   "Jake! Stop it!" I yelled. I didn't want him to do something he'll regret. What if Grae dies from what he was doing!?

   "JAKE!" I yelled again and sobbed. That finally got Jake's attention. He turned to face me, his face softening when he saw me and ran to my side.

   His caring touch when he hugged me made me cry more, it was so comforting, like he was trying to tell me that he is there for me and he is sorry.

   "Shh, it's okay, someone's gonna come, shh," he whispered as he rocked me back and fort, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that that happened and I was late... I'm sorry you had to experience that. I should have guarded the door to this room. I'm sorry. " he kept on telling me. I wanted to tell him that he didn't need to say sorry, that it was not his fault, but my emotions kept on pushing the tears out of my eyes and sobs out of my mouth.

I just shook my head.

   I felt his hands leave me and trail my back. I flinched at his actions but relaxed when he said, "I'm just gonna hook your..." he didn't continue as he hooked my bra together and grabbed my shirt and he helped me put it on.

   When I was fully dressed, he went back to my side and put me on his lap. He started humming a random tune as he caresses hair and gripped my shoulders closer to him.

   After a few seconds, the security guard of the school came in with Mrs. Ellis and our P.E. teacher.

   Mrs. Ellis gasped when he saw me and ran to me, but not before she gave the unconscious body of Grae a disgusted look.

   "Oh darling!" she exclaimed before hugging me in Jakes arms. She let go, "Don't worry. They will get him away from you. " she told her, gesturing to the teacher and the guard.

   I watched the guard and the teacher carry Grae out of the room. Mrs. Ellis took a cold bottle of water from the mini fridge, took the cap off and gave it to me. I didn't took it. I didn't even had the strength to hold anything.

   Jake knew this so he took the bottle from Mrs. Ellis, thanking her, and let me drink it. I slowly drank it, after a few gulps, I turned my head away from the water and hiccuped. I felt so weak. I need some rest.

Jake's POV

   My heart ached as I watched Jennifer rest her head on my chest, looking tired. Her face was red and tearstained. Her eyes were puffy and her lips quivered. I felt like killing Grae, I almost did but Jennifer's look when she called me to stop hurting Grae, fear, I stopped. I can kill Grae later, I need to comfort her, I thought.

   Her small body trembling when I touched her made my heart break. The hurt and fear in her eyes... I can't understand what I'm feeling. It's all mixed up.

    When I heard her scream and realized that I can't open the door, I quickly called the school's number and Mrs. Eliis answered, I told her what's happening and she immediately cut the call, telling me she'll call for help.

   Jennifer's breathing went slow and steady as I continued to rock her back and fort, whispering comforting words, my lips on the top of her head.

   "Hunny," Mrs. Ellis called. I looked up at her and she gave me a comforting smile, "Why don't you take Jennifer home. I will tell her parents what happened as soon as I get a hold of the school's phone."

   I nodded and she left the room with a 'take care'.

   I didn't move to go out, I needed to relax a little before driving. I breathed in Jennifer's scent and hugged her tightly.

   With closed eyes, I said, "I'm sorry I didn't get to save you earlier. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I shouldn't have let my guard down. I'm sorry."