Chapter 8 To Be or Not To Be That's Not The Question.

I drove as fast as I could with the ambulance. I made sure I also kept up with them. A couple minutes later we were at the hospital. We waited in the lobby while they ran tests and set everything. I wouldn't sit down. I kept pacing back and fourth. My parents were there, her parents were there, Lisa was sitting down. Everybody, but me was sitting down. 

"April, just calm down. Everything will be okay." Lisa said. I kept pacing. "You don't know that." I said. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't stop imagining me at Diana's funeral. This was a just too much. Finally, I deicded to leave the lobby and go get some coffee. I had to go to the nurses lounge to get it. 

I walked out of the lounge after getting coffee. I walked over to the big windows. There were about five of them in this hallway. Outsie the window was a little pond area. It had a pond, little trees, a little bridge, and benches. Birds were flying around, landing on things. I looked outside. I just stared. 

All I could think to myself was, is this what heaven looks like? I started to tear up again. I couldn't stop thinking about Diana. I looked once more outside and decided to walk back to the lobby. When I got there a doctor walked out.  

"Hello guys. Are you all here for Diana?" He asked. We all nodded. Everybody got up. "Well it looks really bumpy right now. It could be a touch and go. We have her in ICU, right now. She can have only one visitor at a time. Please be very careful when you go in." He said to us.  

Her parents went in first. They were in there for about a half an hour, then they came out. My parents went in and Lisa stayed seated. I walked over to her parents who were about to leave. "Hi April." They said. "Hey." I said trying to fake a smile. "Would you guys mind if I stayed with her tonight?" I asked them. They looked at each other for a second and thought about it.  

"I guess you can." They said to me. I smiled. They came in and gave me a hug. They were patting me on the back. "I'm glad she has a friend like you guys." They said. We stood there for a couple minutes hugging, then they left. After that my parents came out. "Mom, dad. There parents said I can stay with her tonight. I'm staying here tonight." I said. 

They both looked at me. "Are you sure you want to do that?" They asked me. "I'm postive." I said. They nodded. "If that's what you want." They said. "Lisa you can go in now since I'll be with her all night." I said. Lisa got up and walked in. I sat down and waited. My parents kept staring at me, they tried there hardest to be strong.  

My mom started t ocry. "What's wrong mom?" I asked. She looked up at me. "I think what if that was one of you two girls. I would be losing it right now. I don't know what I would do." My mom said. Lisa's dad put his arm around her shoulder. "It's okay, honey." He said.  

Lisa walked out of the room. "I'm ready to go." She said. My parents got up and walked over to her. "We will see you later." My mom said to me. The three of them walked off, and I went back to the room. I walked through the door, and just looked at Diana.  

She was hooked up to all these wires and tubes and everything. It made me want to cry. I walked over to a chair and pulled it over to her bed. I just sat there and looked at her. Both her hands were to her side. I grabbed one and held it in my hand. I started to tear up and I put my head down on her hand.  

I started to blow my nose. "Diana." I said. "I don't know if you can hear me right now, but if you can I want you to know, I love you." I said to her. "I love you more than a friend. I never wanted to tell you, and I didn't want to." I said taking a pause. "I love you. I don't want to lose you. Please don't die on me." I said crying. I kept her hand in my hand.  

For the longest time I kept my head on top her hand. Finally I lifted my head and pulled my hand off her. I laid back in the chair and fell asleep. My head started spinning, and I went into a deep sleep.  

I opened my eyes. Everything was fuzzy. I moved my eyes around for a couple minutes and started to get focus. There was a girl standing in the room. She was wearing a mask. I looked at the mask. It was a replication of Lily's face. "You're the girl I saw in the wood the other day." I said.  

She was holding Diana's hand, and then looked at me. "What are you doing?" I said. With every word I said it made my head pound. "What do you want? Why are you doing this?" I said, my head still pounding. "What are you doing here?" I said. I put my hand up to my head holding it.  

"If your here to finish off, don't even think about it." I said. I shook my head for a second then got up. The girl moved closer to me, then pushed me back in the chair. "What are you doing? Don't push me down." I said. She lifted her finger up to mouth of the mask. I felt my eyes roll in the back of my head and I fell asleep. 

After that I woke straight up. I was breathing heavily. I put my hand up to my head. I had the pounding head ache I had in my dream. I laid back again, and fell asleep. Later on I woke back up to my phone going off. I turned my alarm off, and sat up. I put my elbows on my knees and put my hands on my face, and started to rub my face. I let out a deep breath.  

I uncovered my face and looked at Diana. "I still can't believe what happened to you." I said to her. I got up and walked out of her room. I went to the lobby and grabbed a pop to drink. I sat in the lobby for a couple minute and just thought to myself. I thought how could my life get any worse? It possibly couldn't. 

I was getting up when Diana's parents walked in. They walked up to me. "Hey April, can we go in and see her?" They asked. "Oh yeah, just let me grab my phone real quick." I said them. I walked back to her room and grabbed my phone. I grabbed her hand and kissed it, then I felt something. I pulled my hand away, and grabbed what was in her hand. It was a small piece of paper.  

I put the piece of paper in my pocket and walked back to the lobby. "Okay, she's all yours." I said to them. They smiled at me and walked to her room. I went and sat down on the couches. I pulled the piece of paper out of my pocket. It was folded in half. I unfolded the piece of paper and read what it said. 

Look at you. In love with your bestfriend, when you have a boyfriend. How cute. Does Alex know about this? Or do I have to tell him? Even better, do I have to get him out of the picture for you?  

-It's Nice To Be Me.