Chapter 5 Who is Verla Denham?

We hurried up and went to the stairs. We ran up the stairs as fast as we could, we were going to find out if she really is alive. We kept stopping at each floor and looking at the elvator. No one was getting off. We reached the last floor and opened the door. The elvator door was closing, but no one seemed to have got off. 

"If that was really here, she moves fast like a ghost." I said out of breath. "When we get our room, we will go look around the building. If we all split up she can't leave with out running into on of us." Diana said. "Sounds like a plan. We will all get our on floors, and look." I said. We went to the elvator and went back downstairs. When we got there the lady was ready with our key.  

We went up to our room, and got situated in. After than we planned out what floors were ours, and we would go looking. We all left the room, and split up. I had floors ten, nine, and eight. Lisa had floors seven, six, and five. Diana had four, three, two. No one had the lobby, because that was the first floor. 

I kept walking around the hallways. Looking at every room, seeing if one was open, or if somebody was going to walk out of one of the rooms. My legs started to hurt, and I started to get tired. I heard a door open from behind, and I turned around. Verla Denham walked out of her room, but she wasn't walking my way.  

I pulled out my phone and Dialed the other two. "We are on the move." I said. She heard me and started picking up her pace. I picked my pace up to. I was telling them where to go. She turned the corner, then I would turn the corner. Those two got on an elevator, and she took the steps.  

I entered the door, to the steps, and no one was there. I looked over the barricade, and no on was walking. She moved as if she was ghost. Am I just seeing things? Is Verla Denham an actual person, if so why did she run away from me? All these questions started to run through my head. 

I started walking down the stairs. Each step, I was closer to nothing. I got on this one set of steps, that led to another room. This door would lead my into the Casino. I walked in and started looking around. I was looking at everybody, from man to woman. It was so crowded in here. I could hardly breath. Smoke filled the air in the room, from people smoking.  

I had to hurry up and get out of the room. I walked back up to the floor I was on and meet up with Lisa and Diana. "Where is she?" Lisa asked. "She got away." I said. "How'd she get away?" Diana asked. "She went to the steps, and went through a door that lead to a casino, but I couldn't be in there no more. Smoke and it was to crowded." I said 

We all went to our room and sat there. "She moved as if she was like a ghost." I said. "Maybe it is a ghost." Lisa said. Both Diana and I looked at her. "Ghosts don't buy rooms." I said to her. "She disappeared right?" Lisa said. "Yeah. Vanished." I said. "Well it could be a ghost." Lisa said. 

Diana and I looked at each other. "Are we sure it's even her?" Diana said. "It could be. It has to be." I said to her. "She ran from me. If Verla Denham was a real person, that didn't know me, she would have stopped. She ran." I said. Diana sat there for a moment, and thought.  

"How could it be Shelly though? She died." Diana said. "I don't know. I know she died, but it has to be her. She used that name, so people wouldn't know it was her. She didn't want us to know it was her, but we know it all now." I said. "It could have been a set up. Nicki told us that stuff." Diana said. "Nicki also told us, she wasn't lying to us, she gave us all the real stuff." 

We all heard a knock on the door. We looked and sat there for a second. I got up and walked to the door. I un locked the door and opened it. It was the lady from the front desk. "Yes?" I asked. "Ma'am, we have had a complaint from another customer, saying you were chasing her down." She said.