Chapter 4 A Voice From The Past.

We arrived at my house and walked into the house. We were exhausted. It was a weird night. We all sat down in the kitchen and drank a cup of coffee. I got up and grabbed my parents laptop and brought it over to the table. I opened it and turned it on. I checked my email. I had three new emails. One was from a email titled Me. I opened the email. I read it for a second. "Guys. The texters want us to do something." I said. They walked over to me. We all sat there for a second and the read the email 

After the long night you guys just went through, I have a gift for you. Paid by me. The four star hotel in town you will go to tomorrow. Your room has already been paid for. Here's a clue of why I'm sending you there though. You need to keep an ear out. You might hear something you'll be dying to. 

-It's Nice To Be Me 

"There might be something we want to hear. What does that mean?" I asked. "Maybe Black Coat is giving us a hint that he or she will be there and for us to listen out for their voice, and we can figure out who it is." Lisa said. Diana shook her head for a second. "That doesn't sound right. Why would Black Coat send us somewhere when this person clearly doesn't want us to know who they are." Diana said.  

Lisa shook her head and agreed. We all sat there for a minute in silence. "We have to go. This is a puzzle, and we have to solve it guys." I said to them. Diana left, then Lisa and I went to bed. But sleeping didn't stop me. 

In the middle of the night I woke up, but I wasn't in my bed. I wasn't even in my house. I was at the spot where I chased down one of the texters and Lisa. I was just standing there, looking down at the ground. There were leaves all over the ground. I rubbed my head for a second. "Why am I here?" I said to myself. Then I thought, how the hell did I get here? 

I looked closer to the ground and saw something white. It was only a side, because it was covered up by the leaves. I got down on my knees and moved the leaves out of the way. It was a picture. I could tell because it had a printed date on the back of it. I picked it up and looked at the date. It was dated the day Shelly went missing.  

"Could this be the Lake Hottie? No It can't be. Who could this be then?" I said aloud. Did Shelly meet up with someone else and didn't tell me about this. I turned the picture around. It was a picture of Shelly and Alex. What were Shelly and Alex doing together the night Shelly went missing?  

I put the picture in my back pocket. I looked around and started to leave the forest where I was. I got a text message. I stopped where I was walking and pulled my phone out of my front pocket. I put my phone on charge before I went to bed, how did it get in my pocket? Did I pick it up. I opened the text. 

It looks like Alex has some explaining to do. Maybe Alex is more involved than you think he is. Maybe he killed Shelly. You should really talk to him about this, don't want to be dating a killer now do you? 

-It's Nice To Be Me. 

I looked at my phone, then I looked up. I saw a girl standing there. I couldn't tell who it was though, she was wearing a mask. The mask looked like Shelly. I started walking towards the person. I picked up my speed. The girl turned around and walked off. I got to where she was, and no one was there. I was alone. Who the hell was that? 

I walked out of the forest, and my car was sitting there. It was off. I got into my car and started it, and drove back to my house. I walked into my house, and went back upstairs and went to bed. At six in the morning my alarm started going off. I woke up real quick and sat up.  

That was a really weird dream. Why would I dream, that Alex was taking a picture with picture. I started to get off my bed and I felt something in my back pocket. I got up and pulled the picture out of my back pocket. I wasn't dreaming, and I really saw somebody. Who was that girl though? 

All of us meet up at my house and started to get ready to head to the hotel. After about four hours we were already. We all got showers and put make up on. Then we got a cup of coffee and talked for a couple minutes. "Why do you think Black Coat gave this to us?" Lisa asked. "I don't know, but I don't trust it. I think Black Coat is up to something." I said.  

"I know, I don't feel we are going to find out something good, but it will disappear. Black Coat likes giving us things, then having them disappear." Diana said. After that conversation we got in the car and drove to the only hotel in town. We got out of the car and walked into the hotel. We approached the front desk.  

"How may I help you ladies?" A young woman asked us. "Yes, we have a room booked fror the night." I said. "Yes, what are your names?" She asked us. "April, Lisa, and Diana." I said. "Okay, just one minute. Have a seat, and I'll be with you." The woman said to us. 

We sat down at the chairs next to the desk. The woman started talking again. "How may I help you?" She asked. "I have a room booked." A girl said. "What's the name?" The lady asked. People started coming into the hotel. Lots of people. "The name is Verla Denham." The girl said. All three of us looked at each other. "Right this way." The lady said. 

We all turned around. I saw the light brown blondish hair. "Shelly" I said silently. We all got up and started chasing the lady and the girl. The walked into a elevator, and as we turned the corner, it shut right in our faces. We all got a text, and looked at each other. We opened our phones and opened the text 

I told you guys there was something you might want to hear. Doesn't that voice sound real familiar? You'll figure out all in due time. Till then, Can You Keep A Secret? I know you can. 

-It's Nice To Be Me.