Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/n:
THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER.
THIS BOOK IS OVER
OMFG
OMFG
OMFG.

Go check out my new book The End! It's the next one.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Ilysm. Thank you all.

Enjoy babes.
_______________________

Niall and Zayn had something special. Something where if one left, the other felt half instead of whole. Like a connection.

This was when Niall and Zayn sat happily married with their adopted child. Where all of the boys teased them and Niall was listening to Justin Bieber.

But no.

Nialls brain cells were still partly clouded from the blunt he had smoked earlier.

He was half high, but he knocked on the familiar red door anyways. He knew he'd get yelled at. "You're high." Liam sighed already knowing.

Niall kept quiet. "I need-" "You know where to go." Liam said and Niall walked into the bathroom. He shut the door behind him and listened to Austin and Liam's conversation.

"I know he's upset but he can't live his life like this... Not after.. No." Austin whispered. "It's been a year and 6 months." He added.

"Seven." Niall whispered hoarsely.

"Look, he blames himself for Zayns death. How do you expect the boy to even smile?" Liam was choking up. There the name was again.

Zayn.

Nialls heart cracked and Niall squeezed his eyes shut. He turne the shower water on and uncovered his cut and scarred wrists.

"Liam, I know.." Austin was choking up himself. "I miss him." Liam said sadly. Austin hugged Liam close and Liam didn't sob but he felt the hot tears in his neck.

"It's going to be okay. I promise." Austin was crying himself.

Louis broke so bad. Louis was probably second hurt. Niall was surely the first. Harry hurt. Liam hurt. And so did Austin.

Niall held his knees in the shower and cried to himself. He's supposed to be happy. He's supposed to be married. He looked at the ring that he hadn't take off since and flashbacks enter his mind.

"...WE'RE LOSING HIM!" The paramedic shouts. "One, two, three! CLEAR!" Zayn had a pulse again.

Zayn had been losing his heartbeat on and off and Niall was a fucking wreck when they rolled him into the ICU.

"Niall, I promise he'll be okay. He's strong and he's done this a lot." Louis said shakily. It didn't assure Niall at all.

"I love the ring! Where did you-..." Harry trailed off. "Oh my god.. He purposed?" Liam asked. Niall nodded with tears still strolling down his cheeks and he looked down.

"I can't. I've lost so many people I can't." Niall just cried. "He's going to be okay. Try to sleep a bit." Austin said.

Niall had eventually fallen asleep on Louis' shoulder, but he woke right up when the doctor came out.

"Are you family?" The doctor asks. They all nod. "Can we see him? I'm his fiancé." Niall said trying to get past but the doctor held him back.

"Excuse me for the words that I'm about to say, Lad. I'm sorry for your loss. Mr. Malik didn't make it." The doctor frowned and you could see Niall freeze.

"Niall..."

Nialls entire world folded beneath him. He was never okay after that. None of them were. Hell, why live if you're gonna die anyways?

Niall pulls from the flashback and he was already dressed some how. "I'm gonna go grab some coffee." Niall said lowly and Liam nodded. Niall walked out and began to walk down the street.

He wore Zayns shirt, his blue skinny jeans, and Louis' Vans. "Why the hell is it so bright out? Gonna be night soon anyways." Niall mumbled as he walked up to the coffee shop.

"Ni--Niall!" Juli's entire face lit up a little. "Hey Juli." Niall said coolly. "Regular." Niall added. "Already made." She handed it to him.

"Hey.. Uh.. I'm here for you. I mean, if you ever need someone to talk to." Juli said trying to be nice. "Isn't everyone?" Niall just walked away and say down in the same spot he always had.

But there was somebody missing this time.

Niall looked out the window and sighed. "Hey, I think you grabbed the wrong one, Horan." A familiar voice filled Nialls ears.

"Luke?" Niall asks. He looked at his cup and it said 'Hemmings'. They switched coffees and Luke took a seat.

"Nice to see you again, mate." Luke said and smiled. "I guess." Niall looked out the window.

"Harry told me you needed a job... There's a shop Ashton owns down the road. A music shop... If you need a quick buck you're more than welcome to just walk in and work." Luke suggested.

Niall sorta snorted but smiled, "I'll think about it." He said softly. "Hey, look," Luke said and Niall looked at him. "Smile. I think its necessary for someone like you with a cute smile." Luke winked and got up.

Niall didn't smile, but one side of his mouth twitched.

He got his coffee and walked back outside down another road. He was going to the graveyard. It wasn't that depressed during spring really.

When Niall got there (it was a short walk), he cut a left and went straight to the one with the multicolored flowers around it to signal gay pride. Zayns was beside it.

Zayns had many flowers and a few notes around it. Niall sat in front of his grave. "Today is the day we met two years ago, Zayn..." Niall sighed.

He looked up at the sun and squinted his eyes. "It's been really hard without you, you know.. There's a lot that reminds me of you." Niall sniffed and he let a tear fall.

"Louis misses you. He says he is still scared if thunderstorms.. I think he cries because he misses you." Niall looked down and played with the grass.

"Liam and Austin cried today." Niall let another tear fall. "Harry called your name yesterday when he needed help on his hair." Another tear.

"I miss you." Niall sobbed. His heart felt heavy, there was a rock in his chest, and a knot in his stomach.

But suddenly, he stopped. He didn't want to, it was like something made him.

He stopped and he didn't know why he looked at the butterfly that landed on his shoulder then on Zayns stone.

But for the first time since Zayns death, Niall Horan smiled. "You positive ass freak." Niall laughed sadly and let another tear go.

But the tears stopped when he laid on the ground and just listened. But there was one reason for the smile on his face. Because he knew Zayn heard him. Maybe it was crazy to say the butterfly was Zayn in a way. But He smiled and just listened to one thing and one thing only.

The silent beat of a butterfly's wings.