Chapter One

A/n: Yassss I cannot wait to write this. I haven't written any soft Ziall shit in some time.

There will be smut in this story.

I think it'll be nice for my fans to finally read something where Zayn isn't a total douchebag to Niall.

But like you guys seem to like it fairly well.

Bxndhearts TYSM LEAH FOR THE COVER

I know yall hate when I do this, but 20 votes/20 comments for an update.

If I'm gonna update for you, the least you can do is not be a ghost reader, right? But thanks to all who comments and votes. I love you. I love my ghost readers too.

Enjoy babes!❤️
_____________________________

Zayn promised Harry he would go out and at least try to find a job, but Zayn was high last night and really had no time.

So, the next day when he went to ask Harry for a few dollars he knew Harry would be pissed.

"Zayn, you promised." Harry sighed as he pulled 20 dollars from his wallet to hand to Zayn.

"And I will, Harry. I promise." Zayn took the money and licked his lips.

"Zayn, I want you to go look. Today." Harry said sternly. Zayn looks at Louis for help. "I'm sorry, mate. He's right this time." Louis shrugs.

"Or else what?" Zayn questioned Harry. "I'm not giving you money, letting you use our car, or letting you crash here." Harry said.

He didn't want to do this to Zayn, but Zayn could go somewhere in life if he fucking tried. He should be in his first year of Uni now. He was nineteen!

"So basically you're going to stop being a friend?" Zayn scoffed angrily. "No, I'm going to stop being a provider." Harry sighed.

"So much for best friends, yeah?" Zayn laughed bitterly and walked towards the door. "Zayn-" But Zayn slammed the door cutting Harry off.

Zayn looked at the sunny sky and flipped it off. He was so fucking pissed. "I fucking hate this." Zayn kicked Harry's garbage can over.

"Goddamn." Zayn growled and punched Harry's car. "Zayn!" Someone calls after.

Zayn turned around to Louis and Louis ran up to him. "Hey, look... We're all concerned for you, man-" "I'm aware, Louis. But can't you let me live my fucking life the way I want to?" Zayn asked.

"Mate, please. There's a coffee shop down the road and they are hiring. I know the owner -Leah- and she will let you in if I say so. Please.. Just go down there?" Louis asked.

Zayn sighed and his body began to crave the pound of weed Luke had waiting for him.

"Okay, fine-- fuck Louis. Don't be surprised if I get fired." Zayn rolls his eyes.

"At least you tried." Louis smiled weakly. Zayn walked away from Louis and headed to the small coffee shop he knew was right around the corner.

Zayn shook his head because he doesn't get why they can't just leave him alone about his life decisions. Fuck, he never bothered with theirs.

Louis was working at fashion designing company because he was picked out of highschool to do so- even at age 20. He didn't have to go to Uni.

Harry was going to college online, Liam was helping out at a hospital nearby because his father works there, and Austin worked with cars.

Zayn worked with drugs, sex, and alcohol.

He rounds the corner where the coffee shop stood and groaned silently. He looked pretty presentable.

Black jeans, black shirt that read 'DEATH' in red letters, combat boots, and a grey beanie.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The pretty blonde behind the counter stood. Her name tag read 'Juliette'.

"A job." Zayn grunts.

She nodded and called for Leah. "What the hell, bro, I was in the middle of this gay porn--- Oh, you must be Zayn." Leah looks at Zayn.

"Nah, I'm the spawn of Satan." Zayn said sarcastically. He wasn't one to believe in God. "Seems legit.." Juliette said under her breath as she walks away.

"Okay, how old are you?"
"Nineteen."
"What's your full name?"
"Zayn Javaad Malik."

"You're hired." She smiled. "What? No drug test?" Zayn really didn't want this job.

"No, those come randomly. You can start tomorrow around 10 a.m." She hands Zayn the red shirt that had the name of the shop on it- 'Five Star.'

"And when you come in, try not to look like death." Leah nodded and walked back. Zayn smiled sarcastically and ordered a coffee.

He sat in a booth in the far back and rolled his eyes. Louis and his fucking connections.

He would get fired tomorrow. He would try his best to get fired tomorrow.

"I believe this is yours." A voice said from beside him. He turned his eyes to a blonde boy with dark blue eyes and a bright smile.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks man." Zayn nodded taking the coffee. "Do you work here?" Zayn asks. "No, but they called your number 7 times." The blonde chuckled and sat across from Zayn.

"I'm just not feeling today." Zayn shook his head. "Why? It's a beautiful day." The blonde smiled at the sunny sky.

"Exactly. What's the point in making it sunny? It's going to be night soon anyhow." Zayn shrugs. Niall cocked his head and raised an eyebrow.

"What's your name?" The blonde asks. "Zayn Malik. What about you, Blondie?" Zayn asked. Blondie chuckled and looked at Zayn.

"Niall Horan." Niall replies.

"You look more like a... Edward. Or Jacob." Zayn says. "So I look like Twilight?" Niall asks.

Zayn laughed and shook his head. "I sure hope not. That movie sucked." Niall frowned. "I know. Happy endings are overrated." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"You're not too much of a happy person, are you?" Niall questions. Zayn shrugged. "I wouldn't say that. I'm just not exactly too thrilled I have a life." Zayn said.

"It's the little things you have to enjoy, Zayn." Niall looked out the window at the butterfly fluttering by.

Zayn looked at Niall curiously. "Do you enjoy the little things?" Zayn asked him. Niall smiled slightly.

"I do. Like the sun shining. Somewhere, it's night and they are wishing for sun. But we are lucky enough to have it to ourselves." Niall explains.

Niall's eyes met Zayn's golden ones and Zayn shook his head. "How are you so happy?" Zayn scoffed.

"Because," Niall gets up from his seat and gave Zayn another smile, "I enjoy the little things." And with that Niall walks out of the coffee shop. He watched Niall get into his car.

And slowly, the butterfly followed the car as it drove away.