(Can't think of a title)

(Ciara's P.O.V.)

                      I paced back and forth, trying to gather my confidence and tell them what Rihanna did to me. As much as I wanted to go up there and say it, millions of 'what ifs' floated through my head. What if they don't believe me? What if they want me to show them the markings? They've long faded away, thanks to Bey's lovin' and caring. What if Rihanna denies it? I know she'll deny it to not get in trouble.

I paused in my pacing. Maybe I should tell them. I want my baby freed as soon as possible. And she was only protecting me. She shouldn't really be in there.

I grasped the handle of the door, mentally preparing myself for what's to come. Only to let my hand fall and continue pacing. My heart was pounding in my chest. I have to tell them about Rihanna. To free Bey. So, why can't I march in there and blurt everything out?

My mind was so frustrated, and I slammed my back against the wall before slowly sliding down it. I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. I was just fed up with life at the moment. I've been in plenty of relationships before, but who knew loving someone would be so hard?

"Miss? Are you alright?" A womanly voice asked me. It sounded soft and gentle, so I didn't look up.

"Not really. My girlfriend's in jail for fighting my ex, and the only way to get her out is to confess that my ex was beating me in our relationship, and was harassing me now. But, I'm just so scared to go in there, because what if she tried to lie or something, and they keep my girlfriend in there longer? I don't think I can do it!"

"Well, worry no longer, ma'am. I've got it all down."

My head whipped up to face a policewoman. In her hand was a clipboard, which she was writing on. Upon seeing my face, she flashed me a smile and reached a hand out. I accepted her offer and stood up.

"Now, could you step in here for additional questioning?" She opened the door that was on the other side of me. "Ciara, right?"

"Er, y-yes," I shuddered, following her. It wasn't so bad after all.

~

It didn't feel right being home without Bey there. The homely vibe wasn't there anymore. The light scent of her signature perfume was stale in the air. Her singing wasn't flowing through the house. This wasn't right.

I became so accustomed to living with her, that knowing she was in jail and I wouldn't sleep beside her tonight was freaking me out. Blue was out, so I had nobody that reminded me of her to cuddle with. I had nobody to cook food for. I had absolutely nobody but my dogs in this house.

After showering for a very long time, I got into bed, wrapping the blankets around me. The darkness of the room stared back at me, but I didn't dare turn on a light. I still wouldn't sleep if the bedside lamp was on. So, I got Bey's pillow and hugged it against my body. Her scent still lingered on it, and I pressed it closer to me as fresh tears made their journey down my face. It's barely been a few hours since I last saw her, and I miss her already.

Is this what being in love is all about? Missing your person even when its been a few hours? Hugging things that have their scent on it? Feeling empty when they're not with you? If this is all the consequences I have to pay with being in love with her, I'm more than willing to suffer until she comes back.

I turned and opened my nightstand drawer, then pulled out a small, velvet box. Inside contained the best diamond ring I could find that would fit Bey perfectly. I twinkled in the moonlight, just waiting to be slid on her finger. I've gotten it a while back, after the talk about marriage with her parents. They happily agreed to let me marry her, they love me and could tell Bey was a lot happier with me than anybody else before. Now, I was waiting for the right time to propose.

I replaced the ring where it was, and resumed my previous position on the bed. All the crying has worn me out, and I soon drifted off to sleep, Bey on my mind.