My Therapist

(Bey's P.O.V.)

The next morning I woke up, I rolled over to see an empty space beside me, and I was disappointed. I wanted to wake up first so I could make Ciara breakfast. But, I guess it won't be a surprise. I rolled out of bed, then trudged out my bedroom. As soon as I set foot in the hallway, something good took over my nose. Apparently, someone cooked breakfast.

When I walked into the dining room, it was set up similar to last night. Except it was only two plates with waffles, eggs, and bacon on both. Ciara emerged from the kitchen, with two mugs of what smelled liked coffee. She saw me and smiled sheepishly. She was too adorable! After setting them down, she retreated back into the kitchen, only to dash back out with syrup and silverware.

"Ta-da!" Ciara exclaimed, holding her arms out.

"Oh, Ci. You're too sweet!" I commented, sitting down in a seat.

She sat down too. "Anything for you. Just a thank you for letting me stay the night."

"Oh, no. I wanted you to stay. And, I want to thank you for last night." I was cutting a piece of waffle off.

Ciara smiled warmly at me. Why does she have to have perfect, white teeth? It makes her have an even stronger effect when she smiles. "You're my friend. That's what friends do."

Yeah, it is. But friends don't snuggle up with the other while they're sleep. As wrong as it was, I liked it. I bit into a waffle and my tastebuds went wild. "Ciara...thisisthebestwaffleIhaveevertasted!" I blurted out at once, taking another bite.

"Thanks. I do try."

"You do more than try! I love this!"

Ciara let out a small giggle. "Anyways, if you want to talk about it, I'm here."

It's like she's been my personal therapist now for a long time. Ever since I started talking to her about what I think of my career, it has escalated into more personal boundaries. It was more than a friend thing, and more than a patient-therapist thing. Like a connection. I can tell her anything, she'll listen, give her opinion on what I should do, and be done with it. And the best part is that she has this internal switch that lets her know when and when not to be a therapist for me.

I gave her a quick nod, sipping my coffee. Just the way I like it; dark with a little sugar in it. "Yes, I want to talk about it."

It's so easy to talk to Ci about these kind of things. She understands me in ways other people don't. Ciara wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"Okay. So what was the dream about?" She focused her attention fully on me, putting everything in her hands down, which was her fork and coffee. Her brown eyes gazed into mine, and I felt my breath hitch. They were just so beautiful, and--

STOP IT, BEY! "Well, it was Shawn. It was about him. A-and he had a big knife. He looked like a monster, b-because he had blood everywhere. And I was tied up, so I thought he was coming for me next. But, he pulled a blanket off a cage near me, and...a woman was in it. Then he...he started cutting her, and...and the woman cried for him to stop. I started to cry for her. I was so devastated and scared."

"Do you know who she was?" Ciara asked me.

Now was the hard part. Should I tell her who it was? Or lie to her? Lying in any relationship is not healthy, especially without any benefits. "Y-yeah. It was...it was you."

Her eyes left mine for a slight second, then returned. "Well...wow. Do you have...any thoughts on the dream?"

I could tell she was shocked at the news. I mean, who wouldn't be weirded out if someone told you they had a dream about someone they knew almost killed you? "Yeah. I think it means something, but I hope it doesn't. That he'll get in the way of our friendship. And I don't want that."

Ciara weakly smiled at me. "I promise you, we will not be torn apart."

"It felt so real, Ci! And, I couldn't stop crying or thinking about it. I thought it actually happened, until you held me. And I felt so safe and happy you were there. I'm really thankful for you."

A slight blush crept into her cheeks. "And you say I'm too sweet."

~

"So, what are you doing today?" I asked.

We were in my livingroom, still in our night clothes. After we had finished eating, I placed the dishes in the dishwasher while Ci cleaned the table cloth, since we started flinging syrup on the table in an attempt to make a masterpiece. It turned out to be a blob of the sugary substance. We are so wasteful!

"Going to the studio to record a song. You?"

"Nothing. I'll be bored all day long."

"I'd have asked you to come with me, but..." Ciara trailed off, looking away from me.

"'But' what?" I questioned.

No response. She found her hands suddenly interesting.

"Hun, answer me. Why wouldn't you have invited me?"

"Because..." she muttered.

"Because...?"

"Because you wouldn't want to hear me sing."

"That's not true! Why would you say such a thing?" It wasn't true. I've always wanted to hear her sing in person. But, I could never have the chance.

"I'm a downgraded version of you, Bey" she sighed, still not looking at me.

It broke my heart to hear her say that. But, it wasn't the first time I've heard her say something similar to that. She first said something like that during the first week or so we started becoming friends. "Ciara, did you see that on Twitter?" I asked.

No acknowledgement came from her. She continued examining her hands. I hated it when she's in this state, not saying anything to me.

I brushed my hand under her chin, then turned her head around to face me. She still avoided my eyes, so I tilted her head up until we were gazing at each other. Her brown eyes were so beautiful to me.

"Answer me," I demanded softly.

"I'm sorry! You know I get on social media, and I can't help be read them! It's just something I do, and they hurt me sometimes! I'm human too, so I can get a little emotional, okay?" Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes, and I frowned deeply.

It's rare to see Ci like this. She's always such a strong and helpful woman, but in these rare moments she's weak and helpless. I embraced her, and her head was rested in the crook of my neck.

"You are so beautiful and talented, Ci, and you shouldn't listen to them. You can do things I wish I could. You are way different than me. We have different personalities and everything. Don't listen to them, because I like you just the way you are, okay?"

Ciara nodded, and I rubbed her back. I couldn't help but notice that her back was completely smooth, which made me blush a little. She held onto me, and I tried not to acknowledge what I was feeling on my chest. Weirdly, I wasn't grossed out by it. Just a little awkward.

"What time do you have to be there?" I asked.

"Um, at eleven."

"Okay. We might want to hurry up, though."

Ciara sat up, and I released the small sigh I didn't know I held in. "Wait, 'we'?"

"Yep. I'm driving you there, and staying there. And there is no way you are making me leave." I put on a triumphant smirk when she rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she groaned. "But, you cannot tell ANYBODY, okay? The song's new, and I dont want anybody to know about it yet!"

"Can I record you so I can rewatch it over and over and over again?" I asked in a sweet voice.

"Definitely not!"

"Fineeee!" But, I secretly told myself I was going to do it anyway. Then I could watch her sing whenever I desired.