Studio Time

(Ciara's P.O.V.)

                               "Oh my gosh, I said not to!" I whined like a big baby to Bey, stepping out of the recording booth. She was holding up her phone recording me and giggling like a schoolgirl. How I didn't suspect a thing while I sung, I'll never know.

"But, look at the faces you make! They're adorable!" She showed me a part of it, and I groaned.

"You better not show it to anybody, I swear!"

Bey bit her bottom lip before turning her phone off and sliding it in her pocket. "I promise. I'll just use it to mess with you!"

"Beyyyyyyyy!" I whined.

"Ciiiiiiiiii!" She mocked right after me, smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes, then talked to the producer, Mike Will. "So, when can we do the video?" I asked.

"Anytime you want. I work around your schedule."

I smiled. He was such an awesome producer, and being able to work with him is an amazing opportunity. "Okay then," I smiled. "How about we do it when the track's finished? Is it almost finished?"

"Almost. Just a few tweeks, then it's done! You have an idea for the video?" Mike asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Erm, not yet. I need inspiration," I joked.

I went to sit beside Bey, who was on the couch. She had her lips pursed, but smiled when I sat down. Maybe she was thinking, even though I've never seen her use that face before. Probably a really deep thought.

"What's the song name?" She asked me.

"Body Party. I like it a lot, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do! And you sing amazingly, okay?"

My cheeks heated up when she said that. On the outside, I only blushed, but the inside was a different story. Even if we had been friends all our lives, I was thinking, 'OH MY GOSH, BEYONCÉ COMPLIMENTED ME!'. Butterflies were doing summersaults in my stomach.

"Thanks," I shyly said. She had such an affect on me, I can't even put it into words. I mean, just look at her. Her smile, her eyes, she's just beautiful. But, in a friendly way. Nothing more.

"Is it time to go?" Bey asked.

"Not yet. We just need the finishing touches to it, then we can go. Okay?"

"Okay."

I patted her thigh, which awoke the butterflies, then stood beside Mike. He played the song over a few times, whilst bobbing his head to the slow beat.

"Hey, can you record the hook again? It sounds a little flat. Put more emotion into it, okay?"

"Sure."

I hopped in the booth and rerecorded the hook. My phone vibrated while I was in there, so I asked to do it yet again. Unexplainably, Bey popped into my head as I was singing it. I attempted to shake her out my head, but when she popped back in, I groaned.

"Will, can we do that again?"

Mike nodded, then restarted it a few seconds before I was supposed to sing. Then, I was perfect until she popped in it again. So, we had to redo it. Again. And again. And once again. I actually screamed the last time I messed up, and Mike and Bey jumped. I walked out the booth in an annoyed mood.

"Sorry, guys. I'm just a little frustrated," I apologized. My phone vibrated again, so I reached for it in my pocket.

"It's cool," Mike said, rubbing his ear.

"What's wrong?" Bey asked.

Okay, I know for a fact I can't tell her that I was thinking about her. It would just be too weird. And what'd she think about me then? She'd be disgusted and think I've turned or something. I was probably thinking about her because of today and what she said at breakfast.

"My thoughts," I answered. Hey, it wasn't a complete lie. I looked at my phone to see an unknown number text me.

[Unknown Number]: Hey, bae! I had fun last night. ;)

Rihanna. Why now? I already had enough on my mind, now she's trying to make it worse.

Me: Can you please leave me alone? We had NOTHING last night. And you forced me to do that.

I sighed and excused myself from the room. I slowly walked down the hall, collecting my thoughts.

[Unknown Number]: Come outside, babe.

Me: No. I have things to do.

[Unknown Number]: Please? It'll be quick, I swear.

Debating whether I should actually go out there, I rocked side to side. Why did she want me to come out? Was she out there? I quickly typed out my response, then walked down the hall more.

Me: Fine.

I sent a text to Bey, saying I'll be back in a bit, and needed to take a breather.

Bey: You sure you okay?

Me: Totally.

Okay, my first lie, blame me. I didn't want her to worry because there was nothing to worry about. I braced myself as I pushed open the door.