Special Kind of Woman

(Bey's P.O.V.)

Ciara was so beautiful. I just wanted to point that out, because she was. Truly and utterly beautiful, especially without make-up. And when she's sleeping, there's nothing more angelic. Call me a stalker, I don't care. If you saw her, you would see why.

I propped my head on my elbow as I watched her. My other hand brushed the stray hairs from her face, then stroked her cheek. Her skin was so soft and smooth. Whoever this man or woman she spent last night with better treat her right. She's too special, and I remembered her last relationships, and how she was treated. I wish she hadn't gone through that, but it has made her the strong, beautiful woman she is today.

I remembered the conversation I had with Mike Will yesterday when she left.

I sighed as I put my phone away. Ciara just texted me saying she had to leave for something. She didn't specify it, but I hoped it wasn't an emergency.

"What's wrong, Beyoncé?" Mike asked me.

"Nothing. Ci has somewhere to go," I answered.

"Oh. I see you two are really good friends, huh?"

A smile couldn't help but emerge. "Yeah, we are. I love her to death, even though I haven't known her long. She's just so special."

"I see. But, I can also see there's something more."

"What do you mean? We're just good friends."

Mike spun his chair around to face me. "Look, I'm not blind. If I was, I wouldn't have this job," he joked. "Seriously, Ci talks about you all the time. And she has this glint in her eye when she does. And don't think I didn't see that sour look on your face when we were joking."

I blushed. Did I look that jealous?

"And, you care for her. I can see that too. I didn't know you two were...like that."

"We aren't!" I automatically defended, but I mentally asked myself, 'Are we?'.

"Stop lying, Bey. Anybody can see that."

"Okay, sure. But, IF we were...do you think I'd have a chance?" I nervously asked. I was honestly curious about his answer.

Mike nodded sincerely. "Of course you would. Judging from the short time I've spent with her, she's very special and very rare. It's hard to find women who gives you their all."

I nodded. "I guess she kinda is special, huh?"

"Yep. Now, excuse me, 'cause if she's not going to be here, I'm gonna go."

"Oh, yeah. Me too."

Mike pointed a finger at me. "Remember what I said."

I continued stroking her face. Did I actually look like I liked her? Or was he just messing with me? There's no way me and a woman like her could end up together, that's just way too impossible. And not in the sense of me being too good for her. It's the other way around. And I still have Shawn hanging over me. That reminds me that Blue's coming home today, and that Ci won't stay over anymore, sadly.

"Mmmm, that feels good," I heard someone murmur. I looked down to see Ciara smiling softly at me.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "You're such a stalker, you know?"

I falsely gasped. "How dare you suspect such a thing from me? I did nothing of the sort!"