Backstage

(Bey's P.O.V.)

As soon as the concert was over, I walked off the left side of the stage, hurrying to get to my dressing room so I could change and leave as soon as possible. Apparently, Fate didn't want that to happen, because a woman was standing at my door. Her back was to me, but I still didn't want her to turn around and see me. Maybe I could sneak away and go home without anyone spotting me. She obviously wanted to see me, and I hope she wasn't some crazy fan who loves me so much and is obssessed with me. That's the last thing I wanted and needed right now, especially after my wonky performance tonight. They'd ask "What happened tonight, Beyoncé? You weren't yourself tonight. Are you okay? Was it Jay-Z?" like some nosey reporters.

Just when I was about to back away, somebody bumped into me and said, "Oh sorry, Bey."

The woman looked around until she had her eyes locked with mine. The same breath-taking smile stretched across her face, and I couldn't help but smile and try to look like everything was okay. There was this energy radiating off of her that gave me a nice feeling, and I liked it.

I walked over to her, even though I wasn't in the mood to talk. "Hey," I said, unsure of what else I could say.

"Hey," she responded. "Your show was amazing, by the way. Even if it was...odd. Just a little."

"Erm, thanks. I know I was A LOT off, because the songs weren't in order, and I tried not to sing a song with...him in it."

Ciara nodded in understanding. "It's okay, because your fans loved it. And I did, too."

She is just the sweetest person. I admired how she didn't ask about Jay or even mention him, and how her comment about my show sounded like a compliment. It made my day. Or night.

"I was thinking," she started, fumbling with her fingers, "we should, I don't know, hang out sometime. That's only if you want to, I'm not forcing you or anything. You don't have to, I was just wondering. It's pretty stupid of me, because you have loads of other things to do instead of doing something with me. So--"

"Yeah, we can hang out," I said coolly, interrupting her cute rambling. The flushed look on her face evolved into a relieved one.

"Really? Are you kidding?"

"Yes, really. I would love to hang out. Here, let me give you my phone number."

Ciara's eyes widened, but she gave me her phone nevertheless. I typed in my number and contact information before handing it back to her. She gave me an adorable smile before sliding the phone back in her pocket.

"Is there a day you're not busy?" She asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow. Text me when you're coming so I can get ready, okay?" I layed my hand on the doorknob, ready to disappear into the room so I could clear my head of everything. My mind was everywhere, and losing control because of Ciara. For some reason.

She nodded and slowly started to walk away. "Okay. I'll see you later."

"See you tomorrow."

She turned fully around and walked away in full speed. I slipped into my dark room and sighed in satisfaction. Finally, I'm in the place I've been waiting for over an hour. My signature perfume occupied the space, and I flipped on the light. My regular clothes were laid out on my chair, and I hurried to put them on. I wanted to hurry up and leave before any other distractions popped up, leaving less time to spend with my bed.

I practically ran out of that place, telling people to take care, and dodging around other people. My car sat meters away from the entrance, and I hopped inside, sighing as my skin made contact with the cool leather. I stuck the key in the transmission, turned it on, then stomped on the gas pedal to speed out of there.