Rehearsals

(Bey's P.O.V.)

Ciara's been acting really different lately. Ever since I confronted her about that hickey that was on her neck a few nights ago. She's been leaving early and coming back to my house later than usual. Yes, she's been basically living with me now. I can't stand the idea of living alone with only Blue, even though I have been before Ciara. Ci's kind of my rock in this ocean of uncertainty and unknowingness, if that's even a word.

More stories about "Ciara and Her Mystery Girl" have been buzzing everywhere. From magazines to social media. She's even gotten a phone call from her mom and dad in Georgia to make sure everything was okay. And no matter how many times she says, "Everything's fine. She's just a friend" I know it's a lie, just waiting for me to uncover the truth. Because, she's came home too many times with hickeys on her neck and collarbone, messy hair and clothes, and newfound red lipstick on her lips for this woman to just be a "friend".

"Babe, you have to tell me," I urged the woman, covering her chest with her button-up blouse and minimal make-up.

"It's nothing to worry about. Just a few marks here and there. Not too big of a deal," Ciara assured, brushing her hair into a ponytail.

We were going to her rehearsals for her music video for Body Party, so they could plan out the choreography for it. I had nothing better to do with my day, so I agreed.

"Ciara, you know I hate when you lie to me. Look me straight in my face and tell me that."

Ciara froze, her eyes casted down. Yep, I hit the nail on the head. "Well..."

"Who is she?"

"I can't tell you! You wouldn't understand, alright?"

Ciara held back her tears, I could tell. I held her face in my hands and made her look into my eyes. "I only want you to be safe, Ci. I don't want you to get hurt, that's why I'm so concerned. You're basically my second best friend, okay? And I need you to be okay. So, don't give me a sad story about her being 'just a friend', because everybody knows that's a lie. I just need my CiCi to be happy, alright?"

Ciara nodded with a slight smile. It made me lean in slowly, for some reason. My lips pressed into her soft skin for a few seconds, and I took in everything. Her natural smell was intoxicating. The smooth texture of her skin was amazing. And the way her breathing sped up confused me a little, but I know that happened to me too. As I slowly removed my lips from her cheek, I let out a giggle.

"Now you have lipstick on your cheek," I giggled.

Ciara rolled her eyes and smiled. "Well, come on. Or else we'll be late."

She grabbed her bag, then the carrier with her dogs in it. I picked up Blue from my bed, and we made our way out the house. I set the code for the alarm, like I do everytime we leave, and we headed to Ci's truck, since we have more room in it. The drive was around twenty or twenty-five minutes because of the shortcut Ci followed, which involved us only being stuck at two lights instead of the billion other ones.

"And here is my studio!" Ciara proclaimed proudly, setting her backs down and freeing her dogs.

"Mine is bigger," I joked. She shot me the evil eye.

A few other people were already there, which I assumed were her back-up dancers, stretching and socializing amongst themselves. A guy noticed us at the entrance and smiled.

"Whoa! It's Beyoncé and Ciara!" He said, walking over. A girl saw us too and came over.

Being used to this, I put on my best smile. Ciara grinned at them.

"Hey, guys," she said, hugging them.

"Aww! She's so cute," the girl said, looking at Blue.

I smiled, tightening my grip on my daughter.

"Sorry, where are my manners! I'm Angel and that's Derrick."

We shook hands before they dragged Ciara to their group. They seemed nice. Atleast they didn't beg me for an autograph.

The door opened again, and I glanced back to see who it was. And I had to do a double take. Rihanna sauntered in, going straight to Ciara. Ciara saw her and smiled big and wide. Wait, so they were friends now? I wonder did Rihanna know about Ciara's..."girl friend".

They hugged, which looked odd to me. I've never seen them hug before, so that's why. The two exchanged some words before Rihanna grabbed Ciara's face and turned it to the side. Everybody around them 'oohed' while Ciara blushed and explained. I looked away and sat on a bench, Blue in my lap.

"Hey, Bey. Didn't know you were going to be here."

Looking up, I saw Rihanna sit right beside me. "Yeah, I had nothing better to do."

"I thought you had studio work to do?"

Lately, I've been back in the studio, preparing for my upcoming album. "Yeah, but the producer's sick today."

"Ah. So, you and Ci, huh?" Rihanna boldly questioned.

"What about us?"

"Saw the little gift you left her on the side of her face."

My face heated up. "Oh, it was only a friendly kiss, Rih. She was weak at the moment."

"Oh yeah? How come you've never done that for me?"

I smirked at her. "Does the Rih-Rih want a kiss-kiss?"

"No," she smiled. "I was just saying--"

"No! You want a kiss! C'mere!" I leaned close as she leaned away, a kissy face in place.

"Nuuuu! Stop, Beyyy!" Rihanna cried.

"Nope! You're sad, and only my mouth can make it better! Get your butt over here!"

"HEY!"

We both averted our eyes to the group, where Ciara had her arms crossed, giving us a playful glare. "Would the two of you quiet down? We're trying to work here!"

I stuck my tongue out, which earned an appearance of her tongue.

And that's how we spent the day. Blue on the ground with her toys and Ci's dogs, occasionally being picked up and played with the back-up dancers. Rihanna and I watching Ciara dance and making up new moves for her video. She was really good at dancing, and I would jump in and try to master dance moves from time to time. Everytime I was doing a move all wrong, Ci would come in and help teach me it. If it involved her guiding me with her hands and body, I'd blush like an idiot. Overall, today was a fun day.

"That was so much fun, CiCi," I said when everybody else left. Except Rihanna.

"I know right! But, I just can't use you in the vid, Bey. You're a good dancer, but you'll take the spotlight as soon as people see you."

I swatted her shoulder. "Whatever. You know I'm the star of the show."

"Shuddup."

With Jewel propped on my hip, and her bag on my shoulder, I walked with Ci and her dogs to the door. We were stopped by Rihanna, who asked to speak with Ciara. The blonde quickly glanced at me before agreeing to talk.

"I'll be out in a bit," she assured me. "Just go wait in the truck, okay?"

"Okay. Hurry up, or I'll leave you," I joked, going outside.

There was something about that glance she gave me. Something was wrong and odd.

A/N: Originally, Ciara wasn't supposed to have so many chapters. Oops.