Chapter 66

Lucifer Rising

I slipped into another room just in time to see Dean knock a small angel figurine from a table. It crashed to the floor, shattering.

"That seems a tad unnecessary." I remarked.

Dean spun around to face me. "Where have you been?"

"Just chilling." I shrugged, limping toward him. "Are you okay?"

Dean pulled me into his arms as he met me in the middle of the room. "Don't worry about me. What about you?"

"I'm good." I whispered, leaning against him and letting some pressure off of my knee.

"You asked to see me." Castiel's voice made me turn. "Saige, nice to see you found your way here."

Dean cleared his throat, hand on my waist. "Yeah. Listen, I, uh, need something."

"Anything you wish." Cas said.

"I need you to take me to see, Sam."

"Why?"

"There's something I gotta talk to him about."

"What's that?"

"That's a little invasive of you, don't you think?" I laughed a little.

Dean rolled his eyes. "The BM I took this morning, what's it to you? Just make it snappy."

"I don't think that's wise." Cas sighed, looking around the room.

"Well, I didn't ask you for your opinion." Dean replied.

"Have you forgotten what happened the last time you met?" Cas asked. "I think Saige might be a good reminder."

"No. That's the whole point." Dean said. "Listen, I'm gonna do whatever you mooks want, okay? I just need to tie up this one thing. Five minutes. That's all I need." He paused for a moment. "Also, why the hell is Si here to begin with?"

"She is under our protection because if the demons get to her..." Cas trailed off. "And no."

"What do you mean no?" Dean asked.

"I think he means no as in no." I muttered. 

"Are you saying that I'm trapped here?" Dean asked.

"You can go wherever you want." Cas told him. 

"I've always wanted to go to Italy. Can we go to Italy?" I asked.

"Super. I wanna go see Sam." Dean said.

"Is there any chance he's in Italy?" 

"You cannot go see Sam." Cas said. "But Italy is nice."

"I wanna take a walk." Dean stated.

"I'll go with you."

"Alone."

"No."

Dean rolled his eyes. "You know what? Screw this noise. I'm out of here." He pushed past Cas, gently leading me to the other end of the room.

"Through what door?" Cas asked, making us stop and turn to look at him.

When we turned back, the door was gone, leaving only a blank wall with a table in front of it.

Looking back, Cas was gone now too.

"Damn it." Dean mumbled. 

_____

Dean was currently bashing the wall in with the end of a candlestick holder, though the wall magically fixed itself after a few hits. 

Dean tossed the item to the ground. "Son of a bitch."