Chapter 64

When The Levee Breaks

 Sam had broken out last night when we were sleeping. Bobby found him, but Sam knocked him out and drove off.

Bobby stepped inside the panic room. The door had been locked and shut just as it was when we went to bed. 

"How the hell did he get out?" Dean asked. 

"Maybe he had help." Bobby pointed to the broken line of metal on the floor. "Room full of busted devil's traps."

"Demons." Dean realized. "Ruby."

"That'd be my guess."

"I always knew that chick was sketchy." I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"How'd she even touch the door?" Dean ran a hand over the pure iron and salt ingrained frame.

"You think she's got the mojo?" Bobby asked. 

"I didn't think so." Dean knelt down, brushing his fingers over the broken devil's trap on the outside of the door. "I don't know, man."

"What difference does it make? How he got gone ain't as important as where he got gone to."

"Who got gone?" Evie asked as she walked through the basement. 

"Yeah, well, I'll tell you one thing." Dean said, standing. "At this point, I hope he's with Ruby."

"Why?" Bobby asked.

"Because killing her is the next big item on my to-do list." Dean stated.

"I second that." I nodded my head, lifting Evie into my arms. 

"I thought you were on call for angel duty." Bobby said.

"I am on call in my car, on my way to murder the bitch." Dean replied. He kissed Evie's head. "Be good, okay, kid?"

"Otay." Evie nodded her head. 

I kissed her cheek. "Do what Bobby and Aunt Millie say." I placed her on her feet. 

"One thing." Bobby said as Dean and I moved toward the stairs. 

"What?" Dean asked as Evie grabbed onto Bobby's hand.

"Sam don't wanna be found, which means he's gonna be damn near impossible to find." Bobby stated. 

"Yeah, we'll see." Dean muttered, walking off.

As I followed him up the stairs, I faintly heard Bobby. "If you're anything like your idjit parents, you are gonna be one hard-headed kid." He told Evie.

"Idjit?" She repeated.

"Yep."

_____

"Police found my car." Bobby stated, joining Dean's side. 

Dean was leaning under the hood of a car, fixing some car thing that he explained five times and I still didn't get. He glanced up.

"Where?" I asked.

"Abandoned in an alley in Jamestown, North Dakota." Bobby continued. 

"He's switching up." Dean stood, wiping his hands. "Any other cars stolen in Jamestown?"

"Two. 1999 Honda Civic, blue. Nice and anonymous, like Sam likes." 

"What was the other one?" Dean asked, shoving the bandanna he used to wipe his hands in the back pocket of his jeans. 

"White '05 Escalade with custom rims." Bobby scoffed a laugh. "It's a neon sign."

"You're right." Dean said. "He'd never take that. Which is exactly what he did."