The Two Blades

(Outside the palace of Shintaro, a guard waves at "Lloyd", Amethyst, and Wu, who are waving back in Vania's room. "Lloyd" is revealed to be a cardboard cutout supported by Vania.)

Wu: Princess Vania. Are you sure this is necessary?

Vania: (She hands Wu Lloyd's cutout, then picks up Zane's.) My father is a good man, but very strict. If he knew the ninja had defied him and gone into the mountain, he would be quite upset.

Wu: Mm, perhaps you're right. Best that he does not know, then. Give Cole another appearance, would you?

Vania: Oh, I do hope the ninja are okay. Are you sure we shouldn't go after them? (She picks up Cole's cutout and walks to the windows.)

Wu: Positive. The ninja are quite capable.

Vania: With Cole as their leader, I suppose they must be well-trained.

Amethyst: Did Cole tell you he was the leader?

Vania: I assumed it, based on how courageous and daring he is. Isn't he?

Wu: They are a team. And rest assured, they'll be fine. I would be very surprised if they hadn't found Cole already, and were on their way back, victorious.

(Meanwhile in the mines, the ninja mine for an unknown substance. Lloyd picks up a piece of the unknown substance.)

Lloyd: What is this stuff we're mining for? It looks familiar.

Nya: It's Vengestone! That's why our powers failed.

Coral: (She looks at the vengestone and remembers her nightmare.) Ugh.

Izzy: (On Coral's shoulder and sees her expression.) Coral, you okay?

Coral: Huh? Oh, oh, yes I'm fine. (They look up to see some Re-Awakened whipping a Mino.)

Cole: Hey! Leave him alone, you big bully! (He throws his pickaxe and pins a Warrior's whip to a rock. The Warrior snatches his companion's whip and advances on Cole menacingly.) Okay, um, I didn't think that through. (The ninja briefly fight the Warrior and throw him to the ground.) Hold this for me, would ya? (He drops his ball onto him, and the Geckles and Munce cheer. But then, more Warriors surround them.)

(And so the ninja find themselves in a cage.)

Zane: (Sighs.) That accomplished very little.

Cole: Yeah. But it was worth it. Heh. (The Mino licks him.) Ugh! Oh, you again.

Murt: (He hands Lloyd a bowl.) For you. Murt bring food.

Lloyd: Thanks, Murt.

Gliff: Don't trust Munce bearing gifts!

Murt: Don't trust Geckle blade stealer!

Lloyd: Guys, come on! Why do you hate each other so much? (Gliff and Murt growl at each other.)

Coral: Seriously guys, tell us your story.

Cole: Yeah, I wanna know about this "blade stealer" thing. What exactly happened between you?

Zane: Yes, I too, am curious. Please explain the origin of your mutual mistrust.

Gliff: Oh. Very well. I will tell you of the Two Blades. One was the Ivory Blade of Deliverance. The other was the Shadow Blade of Deliverance. They belonged to a mighty warrior named Gilly.