A Rocky Start

(Early one morning the ninja dash around in the Monastery, packing up for their quest.)

Cole: Has anyone seen my sunscreen?

Kai: No.

Coral: Check the storage unit. 

Lloyd: Where's my sword?

Coral: Check the unused weapon bins. And has anyone seen my bow and arrows? 

Nya: Are you bringing sneakers or boots?

Zane: (Runs past her.) Sneakers.

Kai: (Passes her other side.) Boots. (Nya sighs.)  

Izzy: (On Nya's shoulder.) Bring them both! 

Kai(He and Lloyd almost crash into each other and spin around.) Whoa!

Lloyd: Ahh! (Sees Kai holding his Starfarer comic.) Uh, hey, is that my Starfarer comic?

Kai: You lent it to me, remember?

Lloyd: Like a year ago.

Kai: Ugh, take it. (Lloyd smiles and takes the comic.)

Zane: (Sees Cole with his guzzler hat.) You're not bringing that, are you?

Cole: My soda guzzler? You bet!

Zane: I thought we were supposed to pack essential items.

Cole: This is essential! How am I supposed to quest and stay hydrated at the same time, Zane? (Slurps from his hat.)

Coral: Let him bring it. It's not like it's gonna slow us down. (Runs out to the courtyard.) 

Chicken: (Clucks.)

Jay: (Takes his travel neck pillow from the Chicken.) Anyone have room for my travel pillow?

Ninja: No! (The Chicken sticks its head through the pillow, but Jay keeps it out.)

(Soon the ninja are out in the courtyard.) 

Lloyd: (Throws the luggage into the pile. Sighs.) That's the last of it!

Wu: (Comes up to them, with P.I.X.A.L. behind.) What is the meaning of this?

Lloyd: We're off on our quest, remember? 

Coral: Yep. To hone our ninja skills.

Wu: How long are you going for?

Jay: I dunno. Day or two?

Cole: Just like you always say: Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Wu: I never said that.

Jay: (Sticks his head in Wu's face.) Ha! And you say we never listen!

Wu: I never said that either.

Izzy: Really, because I feel like that is what you would say on inside. (Wu sighs.) 

P.I.X.A.L.: Master Wu, perhaps this is an opportunity to field test the new joint tactical vehicles.

Kai: Oh! What new joint tac-wha?

(P.I.X.A.L. opens the shoji doors to the living room. The ninja watch as she produces three throwing stars and throws them at a target. The target lifts up, revealing a button. P.I.X.A.L. presses it and the T.V. moves down to reveal a hidden door.)