Chapter 36

Y/N POV

My heart was already heavy from losing my dad, and finding out he wasn't my biological father just added to the pain. But I know his love for me was real, and I cherish every moment we share. Our bond isn't about blood; it's about the love in our hearts, and nothing can erase the happy memories we made together. He'll always have a special place in my heart. As tears streamed down my face, I closed my eyes and let myself feel the sadness.

Mom was right; I need to be strong for him. So, I wiped away my tears and headed out to find her. Passing through the corridor, I overheard the maids chatting about me, so I paused to listen in on their conversation.

Maid 1 : I'm really hungry... i don't have energy to work in my body. "She said weakly."

Maid 2 : do you think i have...If this goes on I will pass out here in no time but who is going to care about us here.... we're just mare servents. There is no one here to worry about us even if we starve to death.

Maid 3 : It's crazy, isn't it? Mrs. Kim is stirring up all this drama. Now, Master Taehyung is punishing us all just because she didn't eat. I can't figure out what he sees in her. I've never seen him care this much about any girl before. He too is starving for her these two days. Pp q

Maid 4: lower your voice you idiot. If anyone hears us, we'll also end up like Mira and Sun Hee. (Do you remember the maids who disrespected y/n when she first entered this house and taehyung ordered lucas to kill them in front of other maids and guards).

I heard their conversation and became confused... what was really happening here and why are they blaming me? To clear my confusion i decided to ask them directly, so I went towards them,

Ahmmm...."i make sound to gain their attention. Hearing that they immediately turn and look at me with shock and I can see the fear in their eyes. Their forehead is covered with sweat. They gulped their saliva and spoke."

Maid 1: Mrs..k...Kim...."she shuttered and her body is troubling in fear."

"I look at them with my blank face and ask." May i know what's going on here and why are you guys blaming me? "I asked frimly."

"Hearing my ice cold voice they immediately knelt before me and started begging." We're really sorry Mrs.kim please spare our life. "They cried. I looked at them and sighed and then made them stand up."

Stop crying first I'm not going to hurt you. Tell me clearly what you were talking about I just want to know what happened here these two days. This time i talked to them softly. "They both looked at each other and looked at me nervously."

Maid 2: Hmm..Mrs..Kim...we.."she was about to tell me something but, another one grabbed her hand and signalled her to stop. Watching their exchange, i sighed and said."

If you guys didn't open your mouth...the consequences will be worse. "they are scared."

Maid 1: No... please... I'll tell you everything. "I smiled and waited for her to continue." Mrs.kim, since you haven't eaten, master taehyung has punished all of us by decreeing that nobody should eat until you do. Not only that, he hasn't eaten anything himself for the past two days. "Hearing that my eyes widen in shock. Is he crazy? Why is he punishing others for no reason. I really got angry."

Where is miss cho? "I inquired coldly,
causing them to shiver upon hearing my voice."

Maid 2: We..we don't know...may.. maybe in the kitchen. "She shuttered badly. I angrily walk towards the kitchen. When i entered I saw everyone busy at work."

Everyone looks exhausted and weak...i feel bad for them... it's all my fault, I should have listened to her. Due to my grievances, innocent people are now suffering. how can that monster punish them like this. I look at them with guilt.