Chapter 38: One Reliable Rain Lover

«Featured Song»
「干天の慈雨」
By: postman

Raid's PoV

"Damn it, basa nanaman." 

We have band practice today at a rental studio, and I really hate the raindrops hitting my shoulder despite holding an umbrella. Meron pa akong dalang gitara, dahil mas gusto kong gamitin 'yung kumportable na ako. I just hope, hindi rin s'ya nababasa ngayon ng bwisit na ulan na 'to.

I sigh in relief nang makapasok na ako ng studio. I was the first to arrive, and shortly after, Hyde arrive, carrying his own instrument, as well.

"You're early today." he remarked when he saw me inside already tunning my guitar. "'Want to give me some ideas? I'm writing an original song." then he get his bass off its bag. Nakita kong may kasamang papel 'yung bass n'ya doon sa bag, then binuksan n'ya ang front pocket ng bag, para kunin ang isang ballpen dito.

"You write songs?" I asked. Only Jack and me belongs to Mozart, so I do not really know much about him, but he seems like a reliable man. He always check up on us, and always reviews our practices to see how we are doing and what should we improve as a band. He often work closely with Jack when it comes to arranging the songs that we intend to play live.

"Yep. It's a hobby." He then placed the paper he took from the bass guitar bag on the table and began setting up his bass. "This is what I got, so far." He first sang the first lines of the song and then began plucking the strings of his bass on the later part, while still singing the song.

Hyde stopped. "I was halfway the chorus when I stopped writing." 

"So this song you're working on is about... rain?" I turned on the amp and set the volume. "Well, can we get to the beginning again? I can whip something up for its rhythm guitar, before the other instruments enter." he nodded and started singing the first few lines again. I play CM7-G-D(first inversion) and strum it all the way through the end of the first line.

Hyde just smiled. "You know, I like where this is going." Then before we knew it, we finished the song and got down its rhythm guitar and bass guitar parts. As soon as we finish one part, new lyrics idea came, and then we arrange it again. We repeated this process until we get the lyrics, rhythm and bass part arrangement done.

"Nice. This sounds promising." Hyde remarked as soon as we're finished playing the song. Timing namang pumasok si Dave ng studio kaya pareho namin s'yang tinignan. "Sakto Dave. Bantay ka muna. Maaga pa naman, labas lang kami ni Raid para magkape saglit." Tinignan naman ako ni Hyde na para bang sinasabing "tara". Now, that's so sudden, but that sure is a statement that is almost like an order in disguise. I can sense that there is a reason for that. Curious as to what this is for, I nodded.

"Wala pa si Jack?" tanong ni Dave. Sinabihan namin s'ya na wala pa. Hindi naman na rin s'ya nagtanong ng iba pa, at pumayag na maiwan na muna s'ya dito sa studio para magbantay.

Paglabas namin ni Hyde ay deretso kong itinanong sakanya "Suddenly asking like that. What do you want to talk about?

"My, my, Raid. I didn't know you're keen." Hyde remarked with a kind smile in his face, as usual. "When we got the coffee, we talk." Then we proceed walking across the street to a nearby cafe.