Chapter 7: The Remedy

Shin Eazer's PoV

"Come son, let's eat." my dad invited as soon as he saw me walking in the dinning room. I took the seat across dad's.

It's almost afternoon. Iwata, my younger brother was probably at Gassho High now for his job. He's working there since the start of this school year, so probably for more than two months now, and I just hope he didn't have a hard time while he's at it. I heard from Rae, that he's  handling English and Music subjects, so he doesn't really need to move much, and... there's almost no need to use his eyes to.

"Dad, did Iwata bring the letter?" I asked finally taking a seat.

"Siguro naman. Ano bang laman n'on?"

"I don't really know. A ground crew  in Japan requested na isabay ko pauwi ng Pinas, when he learned that I graduated at Pola—I mean, Gassho High." I was talking about a letter I was asked to deliver when I was at work yesterday. When we landed, and parked the plane, a ground crew approach me and ask some questions, and then ended up asking me to find the intended recipient of the letter in my former school, or at least find someone who can. I remember Iwata was working in Gassho High, so I agreed.

I am Shin Eazer, and I fly planes, or simply a pilot, and a former band man. I was the drummer of the band Gassho bearing the stage name, K, but 15 years has passed since then, and now, I have a different career. "The intended recipient seems to be Ran's son though, so I gladly took it." I added. Ran is Francisco Hikumi my former bandmate. Gassho's pianist.

"Oh, so it's for Yuki?" dad seemed pleased upon hearing that and smiled. "I wonder how's that kid now. Ang liit n'ya pa no'ng huli ko s'yang nakita." After that, we fell silent and focused on eating our meals. We were just drinking our coffees when dad decided to bring up something again. "By the way, how are you these days? I heard you took quite a number of absences in the airline." 

Inubos ko muna ang laman ng baso, bago ko sagutin ang tanong na 'yun. Alam ko na na tungkol saakin na ang punta ng usapan namin, at dahil do'n, ay hindi ako komportableng sumagot "I... uh, yes I did. I just got distracted by the past these past days."

"Sabi ko na nga ba. Si Michiru ulit?" I knew it. Ito na nga bang kinatatakot ko eh. Ayoko na sanang nalalaman pa ng pamilya ko ang tungkol saamin ni Michiru, dahil alam ko namang papaalalahanan lang ulit nila ako kagaya dati.

Pero dahil nandito na 'to, wala na akong choice kung hindi sabihin sakanya ang detalye. "Oo dad, but she turned me down, for real, this time." Michiru is Rae's cousin, my unrequited love, and the absences dad mentioned was due to me trying to find Michiru and hopefully gain the closure that I always wanted. We've never been together,  and she end up marrying another good friend of mine many years back, and it took me literally years to be almost completely fine with it. And then recently, I heard that she got divorced, and I thought it was a good time to meet with her again and tell her how I feel. Not expecting anything in return or something, just out of closure, and sure enough, she said that even if I confessed a long time ago, she still wouldn't reciprocate it. At first, I thought it was just nothing now. That I'm just glad I finally see the end of this unrequited love, but then I found myself still get hurting with it which I'm not prepared for. "Maybe I need some time to get better though."

I saw dad looked at me with concerned eyes. I thought he would just reiterate how dumb I was in handling my emotions, but today, I hear something different. "I understand. You know that we trust you in this, right?" Dad raised from his seat and get to my side, then he tap my shoulder. "You'll get through this soon enough." I sighed to let out the heavy feeling I felt while remembering about Michiru. "You make me proud, Shin." I look up to dad's face to see his expression and find him smiling. "For choosing to break free from that unrequited love."