Chapter 37: Heavy Atmosphere

Neuzin's PoV

"Did you already cracked this one too?" I asked, hoping that he did, so I could finally get the last piece of information I need to understand everything.

"Enzan did." Hearing that name again makes me glad. Matagal ko nang hindi nakikita si Enzan. Classmates kami ng elementary, at madalas ko lang din s'yang nakikita na kasama si Nashry noon. "He said the audio password is a piece from YU. He played it, and the contents began to change." Ryuji bring out his phone and showed me a photo. It was the decrypted version of the file, apparently, and it was sent to him by Enzan.

Those two, Yuki and Enzan really cooperated with Ryuji. Who knows how long Ryuji was resolving everything he's showing me here.

I began reading the fully decrypted version of the file.

Ryuji was right on the information he got from Yuki, that K indeed was supposed to be the pilot of the plane that YU has boarded. K's name is still the one that is reflected on the final list of the flight crew by mistake, but the captain's family sued a legal case, which K was  fortunately deemed 'not guilty.'

Some other sensitive information were in the file such as the flight name, detailed time and date of events, as well as the legal proceedings in the case.

After reading everything, I return Ryuji's phone, and let out a deep sigh.

"I'm glad I trusted dad." I can see clearly now, why he chose to burn these files.

Ryuji and I left the room quiet for a very long time.

"What's our next move then?" I asked breaking the silence. "Where is Mr. Shiroi now? Do we search for him?" I was kind of expecting that he will say yes, but,

"No need. I know where he is, and Mr. Eazer appears to be in the process of reminding him about everything." He began to tidy everything up and put the documents and flash drive to a safe place. "He's working at our favor, though he's not working with me." A brief silence has occupied the room. "It's a good thing tito Shiroi and Mr. Eazer met, so Mr. Eazer can finally relieve his guilt over that crash." He was talking about YU's plane crash accident. When viewed with sympathy, he might be guilty about that as Ryuji said, thinking that maybe if he had flown that aircraft, then things might have turned for the better. It's a pilot error after all.  But that's not all, he may also feel guilty over other things the crash had caused. That if he had just flown the aircraft, and not crash it, there's no rumor that have to spread, there's no need for encrypting their information, and Ms. Rika doesn't need to find that encrypted document at all. Maybe dad wouldn't need to burn the documents, and Ms. Rika should have been alive.

The court may have deemed him not guilty, but with all of these events unfold because of his mistake, being innocent amidst it is crueler than being deemed guilty itself.

"But wait, didn't you say YU has lost his memories? And YU is Mr. Shiroi, so Nashry's father is alive. Only lost his memories from the plane crash." I break the silence first. "Don't you at least want to tell her that?" 

"With all the things you learned here...," Ryuji spoke in a weak voice. "wouldn't you think it's dad's fault now? Because of that encryption, all of this happened." He rest his head on the table. "and with the Ms. Rika accident, I believe, Horizon wouldn't take this lightly." he paused for a second before continuing. "The way I see it, they've already tried to sacrifice RH's stardom for Gassho, by using that misleading encryption. I'm afraid with it resurfacing due to Ms. Rika's accident, another artist could be a victim of another pile of lies just to cover this up." He let out a deep sigh. "It's better if she doesn't know anything about this until it's over."