Chapter 36: A Readthrough of the Hidden Events in the Past

Neuzin's PoV

It's funny how me and Ryuji were both soaked with the rain despite having raincoat and umbrella. It's good that he had his motorcycle with him, so we use that to go to my place, where I changed my clothes, and then we go to his place.

He lives in a small apartment that was pretty neat. You can see his guitar hanging on the wall, not many things are on the living room table except one neatly stacked pile of papers and a pen.

"You live alone?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Then he invited me to have some soup first. "Might as well take advantage of my school break to clear things up here." Ryuji cleared the table where the pile of papers were in place a while ago, and put it on top of a drawer, then proceed to get the soup.

"When did you arrive?"

"Yesterday morning. I would be transferring back to Gassho High for my last senior year."

The semester probably has just ended there. Early April, a new semester starts there, while as for here, we are 2 months away towards the end of our second year as seniors, 10th grade being the first year. Next year is our last. That gave Ryuji a 3 month vacation before his next school year.

Knowing that he's staying for a longer period of time, he can catch the battle of the bands.

Matapos ang maikling usapan na 'yun, pareho muna kaming humigop ng soup. Walang nagsasalita saamin hanggang sa matapos kami sa mga kinakain namin.

"As I was saying. I'll tell you what you need to know." Kinuha n'ya ulit 'yung tumpok ng papel na itinabi n'ya kanina.

"Ano 'yang mga 'yan?" tanong ko at sinubukang basahin ang mga nakasulat sa pinaka-ibabaw na papel.

"Dad's copy of the database contents," He began spreading the papers across the table. "from Horizon's system."

W-What did he just say? These are all information straight from Horizon Entertainment itself? How the heck does his dad got access to this documents?!

"What? But isn't Horizon the agency that manages..." And then it started to make sense to me.

So this is why he knows the incident very well. He literally have the truth in his hands.

"---Gassho and RH? Yes. My dad worked for them as a database manager, and chief information security engineer." Ryuji continued my thought and straight told me the answer from the question in my head. "It's hard to narrow down who are those we can trust, so please don't tell anyone about this. I'll soon find people to work with us." Then he touches the piece of paper that has some handwritings on it with his pointer finger. There are only three people who's name was written on it.

My name and

Yuki Hikumi
Enzan Cortez

"Why don't we turn this over to the police?"

Ryuji replied with a sigh. "Don't you want to save your dad? With him being framed here, I believe doing so would put him at risk, so I'm afraid that's not a good idea."  He might have a point, but still what can we even do? "Also, we need to be extra careful," he stopped showing me the files and look straight into my eyes. "because this matter appears to concern Gassho as well."  he let out another sigh. "We don't want to ruin their peaceful lives all of a sudden, right?" he stood up and get a white board from the drawer behind him. "With the files Nathan has, he should have turned that over to the cops if he's not concerned about Gassho, but since he still hasn't, then I assume, he also doesn't want to be overly careless, like us." He began to write something on the center of the white board.