Chapter 481-490

Chapter 481 Successfully passed the level

"The Queen looks good. She doesn't look sick at all." A noble lady whispered to another noble lady.

"What are you looking at? Didn't you see the cyan color in the Queen's eyes? How round was the Queen before? There was still flesh on the Queen's cheeks during the last conferment ceremony. Look at her now, her cheeks are a little sunken. Go down." Another lady replied in a smaller voice.

"Don't tell me it's true. So the Queen is really very ill? But wouldn't it be inappropriate to come to celebrate the Emperor's birthday with her seriously ill body?" asked the noble lady from before.

"What's wrong? This kind of situation will happen no matter how sick you are. But I heard that the Queen couldn't stand the traveling all the way that night when she returned to the palace and her condition worsened? She has been in bed to recuperate these days, and today is also the day. She barely managed to get up early in the morning. "The lady spoke in a low voice, and because there were many married women in the palace, the noise of everyone's voices covered her up, so she said something similar to a 'royal secret' without any scruples. .

"It's not easy to be a queen," the first lady sighed.

"It's not easy, but some people want to do it. Haven't you seen how hard families with daughters in Beijing are trying to find out the emperor's preferences? Many people use their connections to find out about the emperor. Wait for the next one The draft must be very lively, but we don’t have to get involved. My family doesn’t have a daughter of the right age, and I remember you don’t have one either,” the well-informed lady asked.

"No, but I do have a niece about the same age." said the first lady.

"That concubine of your brother's family? She doesn't have enough status. At least she has to be a legitimate daughter. I think you should stop thinking about it. This matter is not that simple." The well-informed lady advised sincerely. .

"Well, my niece is fourteen years old this year. I heard that the emperor has to observe mourning for the late emperor for three years, and the draft will not start until the third year of Yongzheng. By then, my niece will be seventeen years old, and she will be a concubine. My brother's official position is not high in this capital, and he has no qualifications even if he is delusional. The Queen has always been blessed, and this disease may not really bring her down," said the first lady.

"You are right, the Queen is a blessed person. This is known to all." The noble lady had to admit Lan Hui's blessing, but there was still something in her words that she didn't notice. Sour gas.

The two people who were chatting quietly did not notice the smell of jealousy, but Lan Hui had already heard the whispers of most people in the hall with her "sound ears", and these two were of course no exception.

Lan Hui glanced at the two of them with a smile, and with the last words of the well-informed lady ringing in her ears, she thought helplessly: Why are these people either envious of me or jealous of me? Fortunately, they still know that they are in my territory. Yes, you didn't curse me. But there are a lot of people who have their mind set on the next draft, and there are also a lot of people who are hoping that I will give up.

Lan Hui's beautiful almond eyes paid attention to a few people who showed disrespect for her in their words. Well, in other words, they were those who wanted her to die early so that their daughter could have a chance to rise to power. She regarded their identities in her heart. After taking the number, she secretly noted it down and put these people on the blacklist. Lan Hui vowed to point out a 'good' family for their daughter.

"Queen, how are you? I think you look very bad." Lan Hui thought of those women who were obsessed with their husbands, and a hint of gloom appeared on her smiling face unconsciously, but Ba Fujin happened to see it. , so he asked slightly nervously.