Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41 A Visit from Eighty-ninety

Early the next morning, under Lan Hui's frightened gaze, Brother Si gave a few words of tender care to Lan Hui, saying, "Take good care of yourself!" It's best to ask the imperial doctor to check whether Lan Hui is injured! He also agreed to go out and stroll around the Royal Garden if he had nothing to do! Lan Hui was confused by these words. Although the imperial doctor had already examined Lan Hui when he came yesterday, Lan Hui saw that her fourth elder brother rarely cared about her, so she readily agreed.

After Lan Hui sent away her fourth brother who was in a good mood, Li came to say hello. Lan Hui chatted with her for a few words and then let her go back on her own. Then Lan Hui got up and went to pay her respects to Concubine De. Since the ban was lifted, Lan Hui had to pay her respects to Concubine De every day according to the rules. Fortunately, there is no need to go to the Queen Mother every day. The only people who go to the Queen Mother to pay her respects every day are Kangxi's concubines. Brother Fujin like Lan Hui only needs to go once a week, or a favored person like Wu Fujin can go every day. But it’s also up to the Queen Mother to see her.

Concubine De's attitude towards Lan Hui was normal these days. Although it was a little lighter than usual, she did not reprimand Lan Hui any more. Lan Hui returned to her elder brother's house after serving Concubine De's meal.

After returning to the house, Lan Hui first asked Aunt Jiang if there was anything going on in the yard. After hearing that everything was normal, she kicked out the servants and entered the space. She picked out a few leaves of the Qizhong orchid that was transplanted into the space yesterday, dried them, and then crushed and stirred the rest of the medicinal materials that had been dried before. Just wait for the leaves to dry and you can take the first step of that 'psychedelic' drug.

After finishing these things, Lan Hui came out of the space, went to the storehouse to get some medicinal materials, and then took Aunt Jiang and others to visit Concubine Wen Xi. Concubine Wen Xi had a cheerful personality, but she looked downcast due to her health. She was much weaker than usual. When she saw Lan Hui coming to visit her, she managed to say a few words. Lan Hui came back quickly after seeing her weak look.

After returning to her brother's office, Lan Hui took out a half-made set of men's uniforms and started sewing them. Brother Si's birthday is coming, and this is a gift specially prepared by Lan Huite. She had also inquired about what Mrs. Song and Mrs. Li were planning to give, and found that they had also made clothes. After all, they did not have much dowry when they came in. Mrs. Li was better off. After all, she was also the daughter of the prefect, and she was brought in from outside the palace. , although the family was not able to arrange a large dowry, they must have secretly stuffed a lot of banknotes into Mrs. Li.

The Song family was miserable. She was born as a housemaid, and was brought in directly after serving the fourth elder brother. Although her family was rich, they were not from a prominent family. How could they get the money to accompany her? So the things in Song's place were all rewarded by Si Age and his own monthly regulations. The materials used to make clothes for Brother Si were usually brought out from the warehouse by Lan Hui as a reward to her. So she could only make some clothes, shoes and socks as gifts.

Mrs. Li at least had some dowry when she came in, so the gifts were more expensive than Mrs. Song's. In addition to a men's clothing made of fine materials, there was also an antique furnishing.

Lan Hui made reference to the preparations of these two people, and after thinking about it, she also made a piece of clothing. Of course, the material was better than what Li used. After thinking about it, Lan Hui added a white jade Buddha statue. I remember which book said that the fourth elder brother was a Buddhist, so Lan Hui felt that this was a good thing for him.