remember, pt.2

oakley's pov

i bit my nails as i paced around the airbnb living room. i wanted to text jack and check to see if everything was okay.

i did warn him to respect our relationship. god knows if he'd actually listen though. i hated this. "fuck" i groaned, running my hands through my curls.

i heard a knock at the door which made me freeze in my steps. i quiet my steps and looked outside. 

i opened the door and there revealed the brunette woman whom i love with my entire heart. "pau" i whispered. she looked like she had been crying. i looked behind her. jack stayed in the car, and he lifted a hand as a wave.

"pau, you've been crying? what the fuck did you do to her?" i shouted at jack. even from afar, i could tell he rolled his eyes. my steps were ignited with fire as i ran to jack. 

"oak it's okay!" i heard paulina yell. oak? i haven't heard her call me that since before the accident. before i could swing at jack, i paused.

"thank me later bro" jack said cockily. he rolled the drivers window up and that left me with no other choice than to face paulina behind me.

i don't understand. pau had tears down her cheeks. did he hurt her? why did she look so distraught?

paulina grabbed my hand softly. "lets go inside oak" she whispered. 

my heart was beating a million times per minute. please God, please tell me everything is okay. she lead us to the couch and sat down. i took the seat beside her, bracing myself for anything.

within milliseconds , pau pulled me into the most passionate and heartwarming embrace. she wrapped her warms around me and pressed her face into my neck.

"i remember everything oakley..."i heard pau whisper. "i remember all that we were and all the we are right now. i'm so sorry i ever forgot about us" she said between sobs.

i felt tears form in my eyes. i pulled pau closer to me, as much as i could with her pregnant belly pressing onto mine. "my love, don't cry please" i cooed into her ear.

 "i would've waited the rest of my life if it meant you'd remember me one day" i placed a kiss onto her neck. 

pau broke the hug and looked at me with her almond eyes. i used my thumb to wipe away her tears that fell. 

"even without my memory i felt drawn to you. my soul knew where it belonged; here with you" paulina told me. "even our baby knew, he would kick and move just at the sight of you."

i cracked a smile and wiped my eyes. everything felt like it was finally falling into place. like my prayers had been answered. like there was simply nothing left to ask for in my life. 

i felt complete again. 

...

paulina's pov

"any other surprise projects you can show me?" i asked jack, trying to relieve the awkward tension between us. he stayed quiet and typed something into his phone then handed it to me.

the video started and 'sprinter' appeared in green letters. the song... the video...

i met eyes with myself on screen. suddenly floods of memories clouded my mind.

***

"do i look bad?" i asked. he shook his head. "you look good" he said. that's all? i bit my lip. "thank you?" i laughed. "we're gonna leave to film in about 20 minutes" oaks manager said.

***

"quieres ser mi novia, mi paulina hermosa?" oak asked. that's when full fledged tears came down my cheeks. i threw my arms around his neck and placed my face in his chest. "si" i said.

***

"i'm pregnant, oakley" my voice broke.

***

oak got out of chair and knelt on one knee. he pulled out a small box from his pocket and removed a beautiful diamond. heat rose to my cheeks and my lips parted in awe. "oakley-"

***

my god, oakley. how could i forget him? while i was processing everything, sobs escaped my body. i began to hate myself for not remembering sooner.

the video ended and i buried my face with my hands. jack put an arm around me and tried to help me but nothing could stop me from crying.

all i wanted to do was see oak. "can you take me to oakley please?" i asked jack. he looked at me with a small frown, "of course paulina."

i tried to contain my emotions until then. i needed to see oakley. once we got to where he was staying, i undid my seat belt and ran to the front door. i knocked on the door and waited.

the door revealed the tatted man with curly hair and a chain around his neck.

'home' i thought to myself. oakley saw me with tear stained cheeks and i could tell he was concerned. he yelled at jack but i grabbed his hand, "oak it's okay!"

he turned to look at me and softened his expression. it's like he knew once i uttered the nickname i gave him since the beginning.

we both entered the house. after we sat down, i threw myself into him. i expressed to him how i finally was able to recollect all of the memories i forgot. 

i've never seen oak cry this much, ever.  i can only imagine how painful it was to pretend he didn't care about me for the past weeks.

we had both fallen asleep cuddled into each other on the couch. 

everything is okay again.

...

a/n: heyyy guys<3 hope all is well with everyone:) i was thinking and i kinda wanna do like a lil chapter or a lil ending moment where i put all my fav moments from this book 😭 sooo if yall are down, comment yalls favorite quotes or scenes!! im gonna try to compile everything and write it down before the book finale. 💖