opportunity

paulina's pov

my eyes fluttered open slowly, revealing oak's brightly lit room. the sun shined confidently through the curtains. everything from last night flooded my mind and i smiled to myself.

oak was sound asleep next to me. he looks so peaceful when he sleeps. a part of me still can't believe that we're officially together now. after everything, i felt so content. 

i got up and left oak asleep in the bed. i hopped in the shower and continued getting ready for the day. 

i threw on some leggings and an off the shoulder top and went back to oaks room. waiting for him to wake up, i put on some hulu and scrolled on my phone.

soon enough, oak rolled over closer to me. he groaned. almost like he was trying to wake himself up. "mmm" oak groaned. "pau..." 

"what time is it?" oak asked, head still buried in his pillow. his voice was deep and raspy. God, i love him. i glanced at the time on my phone. "almost 10 o'clock." 

"wake me up in 5 minutes" oakley muffled into the pillow. i grabbed a pillow and hit him. "wake up, sleeping beauty" i teased. oak stayed in place, and within seconds he threw a pillow at me with extreme force. my head got whiplash and i let out a shriek.

we both laughed. "you asshole" i said. oak let out a chuckle and sat up. "are you hungry?" he asked. i shrugged. "yeah a little." i was actually starving, LMAO. 

"let me get dressed and lets go grab some food" oakley said. "okay" i replied with a smile. oak stretched and left to shower. after a little while he came back out in nothing but a towel. i looked away, cheeks red. 

"why'd you turn away? nothing you haven't seen before" oakley smirked. i threw another pillow at him, jokingly. 

after oak got dressed we both left the house. oak opened the car door for me like the gentlemen he is and we were on our way to get some breakfast. 

we found a little spot and decided to take some food to go. my stomach rumbled, loudly than usual. "was that your stomach?" oak asked, holding in a laugh. "bro, i'm starving" i said with a laugh. "can you add another stack of pancakes to that order, thank you."

"oak it's okay you didn't have to-" i said before oakley interrupted me, "pau, just shut up and eat your food" he joked. soon, the server handed us our food and we left to the car. 

onee we got home, we sat in the living room and started eating. i ordered blueberry pancakes and syrup. i took a bite, "so good." oakley scarfed down some waffles. eating food with him is seriously one of my love languages.

i took another chomp out of a pancake. out of the blue, my phone started ringing. oakley looked at me, taking a sip of his drink. i shrugged. 

incoming call from Chris Thomas

paulina: hello? 

Chris Thomas: hello, am i speaking with paulina sanchez?

paulina: yes, this is she

Chris Thomas: paulina, hello! this is jack harlow's manager, chris thomas

paulina: *starts choking on food*

Chris Thomas: h-hello?

paulina: hi um- mr. thomas, how can i help you?

Chris Thomas: i'm contacting you because jack is shooting a music video in new york this coming week. he loved you in central cee's video and he was wondering if you'd join him for his own.

paulina: *silent*

Chris Thomas: jack wanted me contact you personally, it took me a while finding your personal number *chuckles*