amusement park

oak❤️ - 11:01am

good mornin

delivered, 11:01am

don't tell me you're still asleep

pau

WAKE UP

delivered, 11:02am

pau❤️ - 11:35am

good morning

oak❤️ - 11:40am

what we doin today 

pau❤️ - 11:41am

hmm wanna go to six flags?

oak❤️ - 11:43am

they have that here? 😭

pau❤️ - 11:45am

bro yes

well in arlington

roadtrip?

oak❤️ - 11:45am

ok be ready by 2

pau❤️ - 11:50am

kk

oak❤️ - 11:51am

text me when you're ready 

pau❤️ loved "text me when you're ready"

i lazily hopped out of bed and got in the shower. after, i threw my hair into a bun while i dried off and picked out my outfit. i ended up picking out a black top and denim mini skirt with some platform chanclas. 

i was excited to spend my day with oak. you know, see where it goes. a little part of me is secretly hoping it goes somewhere. i kinda like being around him. a lot. i know, i know. i get attached easily. 

i got dressed and did my makeup. i let oak know that i was ready and suddenly.. i felt nervous. why does he make me so nervous? i hate it.

my mom was at work so it was just me waiting in the house. while i was alone, i tried to evaluate my feelings for oakley. i mean, i know a part of me likes him deeper than a friend. but the surface level of myself likes him as just a friend. i like what we are now. i'd be afraid for anything to change, for better or for worse.

out of the 20 years of my life i'd never had something like this. i've only dated one guy before. sophomore year of high school. it didn't end well. i focused on myself all these years and i felt proud of myself for it. i graduated with honors and got a scholarship to UNT for psychology. 

i wonder if oakley feels the same way as i do. does he even see this as something complicated? or is it just so simple to him? i could drown in all this curiosity. my thoughts were interrupted by a ping from my phone.

oak❤️ - 2:31pm

I'm outside

upon leaving my house, i was met with the image of oak leaning on his car, waiting for me. "hi" i said. "hi" he replied with a smile. he opened the car door for me and i sat down. what a gentleman, i smiled to myself.

he entered the car and began driving. we put in the address in the gps. "wait..." i said. oak turned to look at me. one hand on the wheel, the other resting on the middle compartment next to him. "what happened?" he asked, concerned. "can we stop for starbucks?" i asked, a bit more shy than i intended. "starbucks?" oak laughed. 

"fine."

 we got in the drive thru and i told him my order. "'can i get a- wait what'd you want again? oh a venti vanilla sweet cream cold brew" oak said into the speaker. "what else can i get you sir?" "uhh i'll take another one of those and that's all."

i bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. he looked at me, "what?" he questioned with a small smirk. "you always copy my order" i said sarcastically, rolling my eyes for effect. "shut up" he replied. we got our order and continued to drive to arlington.

 "wait, lemme get a pic" i insisted. "of what? me and the drink?" he laughed. i nodded my head.

"delete it" he demanded

"delete it" he demanded. i laughed and shook my head, "never." 

once we arrived at the park, we got through security and the admissions gate. "so, what do you want to get on first?" oak asked, observing the dozens of rollercoasters that are in front of us. i shrugged. "that one" i pointed. 

we ended up getting in line for one of the bigger rides in the front of the park. i felt something that felt familiar, and that was an arm snake around my waist. oakley's arm. i blushed softly and pretended i didn't notice. oh no, were we gonna be those annoying theme park couples?

"sorry to bother, but you're central cee right? can i get a picture?" i heard a voice of a younger guy from behind us say. me and oakley turned around. "yeah of course" oakley complied politely. he took a picture with the kid and signed his phone. 

"does that happen a lot?" i asked. oak shrugged, "it's been happenin' a lot more lately actually but i don't mind it" he said. i nodded in understanding. eventually we were next in line.

we were strapped in the ride and quickly, the ride begun. i felt adrenaline kick in my body. "are you scared?" oak asked teasingly. "no" i spat out. he grabbed my hand. "it's okay pau, i'll protect you" he said. "shut up" i replied. i closed my eyes as the ride rose to the top. 

once the ride dropped, the air was filled with screams. it was over quick, though. we got off the ride and continued walking further into the park. 

we got on rides and played a few side games. oak even won me a giant stuffed koala. eventually, night had fallen. we held hands as we exited the theme park. he held the car door open for me and then got in the car himself.

honestly, i was tired on the way home. oakley cleared his throat, "pau" he said. "yeah?" i replied, leaning my head on the passenger window. "i-i liked bein' with you today" he said, in an almost 'nervous' tone. i smiled. "i liked being with you today, too" i said back. 

"sorry if i'm kinda bad at expressin' how i feel, i'm actually shit at flirtin' and relationships" he said with a chuckle. firstly, who just says that out of nowhere? secondly, at least he's communicating. i turned to look at him. "that's okay, i kinda am too" i replied with a small smile.

he looked back at me and returned the smile. i reached for his free hand and held it. the rest of the drive home was a comfortable silence. we reached my house and he got out to open my door. he opened the back door pulled out the giant stuffed koala. we walked up to my house door and exchanged goodbyes.

he kissed me on my forehead before i got inside my house. my heart melted. i went inside and passed out on my bed with the giant koala next to me.

...

mads❤️ 10:03pm

oakley, call me when you can we need to speak.

seen, 10:03pm