new jersey

paulina's pov

maybe: Jack Harlow - 5:13pm

hi paulina 

delivered, 5:13pm

i looked down at my phone with widened eyes. one thing that i knew for sure, i didn't want to not tell oakley about this. i don't have anything to hide from him, so i'm not going to act like i do. i picked up my phone, "well, jack just texted me" i said. 

oakley laughed. "how did he even get your number?" oak asked. i shrugged. "his manager, probably. i didn't give it to him at the party" i said. oak shrugged, "text him back."

i turned my phone off. "no" i said blankly. "that's what i thought" oak said. i resisted the urge to roll my eyes. so toxic. 

oak and i stayed in bed for the rest of the evening. and everything except oak slipped my mind. i don't want to jeopardize anything with oakley. 

the next day, oak drove me to the airport as usual. oak looked down at me, smiling. i tiptoed a little to meet his lips with mine. i wrapped my hands around his neck. "i love you" oak told me. "i love you too" i replied. 

i heard the airport dispatcher announce my flight, signaling it was time to go. i looked back at oak. "i guess this is goodbye" i said, adding a bit of dramatic flair for fun. i took a step backward but oak pulled me back in. "you're mine this weekend again, don't forget" oak said. i got chills down my spine. 

"fine" i replied, hiding my smile. i dragged my luggage behind me and turned back to wave bye to my boyfriend. he waved back at me, staying in place, watching me walk deeper into the airport. 

every time i leave him, i feel like he has a piece of me. until next weekend.

oakley's pov

as pau walked off, i watched her go further into the airport. i didn't want to leave right away. i had to stay as close to her as possible, before she went thousands of miles away. after i knew for sure she had boarded her flight, i walked back outside the airport to my car. 

i saw a few paparazzi outside but it didn't exactly register in my mind if they were there for me or not. i tucked my hands in my jogger pockets and continued walking.

"cench! are you here to take your girlfriend back to the states?" 

"is that girl your girlfriend or just a hook up?"

"are you ever going to get back together with madeline?" 

so many ridiculous questions. they all gathered around me, flashing their cameras. getting impatient, i ignored them as i finally reached my car. i got inside and drove back home. 

as i pulled into my driveway i got a call from my manager.

incoming call from Bello (manager)

oakley: hello?

bello: hey cench, y'know yesterday i showed you your invite to the VMAs-

oakley: yeah, i already told you i'm debatin' not even showin' up honestly

bello: yeah you told me, but this could be a great thing for your career, everyone who's anyone is going to be there

oakley: ehh, i dunno.. you should know award shows not my thing

bello: i've already had our team find you something to show up in. all you have to do fly out to new jersey, stand on the carpet, take a few pics. sit through the show. it's for you to brush shoulders with other celebrities, cench.