in the stu'

oakley's pov

i helped paulina into the passenger seat as we left the ultrasound appointment. "oak, i got it" pau insisted with a light laugh. i held onto her bag as she sat herself in the seat. i placed her bag on her lap and reached to buckle her seatbelt.

"as long as you're with me, you won't lift a finger" i said, with utmost sincerity. i closed the car door and made my way into the drivers side. "where to now love?" 

"i wanna get something to eat, i'm hungry" pau said, patting her belly. "okay lets go eat" i said. i began driving. as i entered the freeway my phone began ringing.

my heart lowkey dropped to my ass. could that be doja? 

without acknowledging it, i let it ring.

"babe your phone..." pau said. "uhhh, you can let it ring" i said. "you sure? its your manager." 

oh. i glanced down at my phone and answered. 

incoming call from bello (Manager)...

oakley: hello?

bello: cench, i just had a meeting with the people over at RCA records... they want to get you in a collab with flo milli. it'd be good PR and if you guys can get in the studio tonight.

oakley: uhh, okay, when should i fly out?

bello: well the studio is only about 20 minutes from where you are right now, think you'll make it?

oakley: i think i can, what time

bello: around 7pm

oakley: alright

bello: okay ill text you the details

ended call with bello (manager)

"what'd bello say?" pau asked me. "he wants me to get in the studio tonight with flo milli" i replied, focused on the road. "flo milli? i loveee her music" pau extended the 'love' part. "yeah, she's cool" i replied.

"can i come with?" she asked in a sweet voice. "you sure you won't be tired by then love?" i asked. "tired at 7pm?" she asked rolling her eyes. "we just flew in from manchester this mornin' love..." i said, trying to reason.

that flight was nearly 10 hours and this girl wants to go out tonight? "just say you don't want me to come cus you know hoes will be there" she crossed her arms. bruh. i shook my head and let out a laugh. "okay pau, you can come" i gave in with a smile.

"now i don't want to"

these pregnancy hormones are kicking both of our asses rn. 

we stopped at a restaurant to pick up some food, and we headed home. i really just wanted to stay with pau and relax, instead of going to the studio. i'm always doing something with music, and i do love it, but it's all getting a lot.

and as much as i didn't want to, i kept thinking about what doja had texted me earlier today. her possibly being pregnant? triggered my anxiety asf. 

once i finished eating with paulina i went to shower. i thought a lot about how crazy my life has been the past 7 months. it feels like i've known pau for longer. reminds me of that saying, 'it feels like i've known you forever' 

she makes me feel like i don't need to pretend. i can be the real me around her. and it feels amazing to have the woman i love, love me that way.

after my shower i put a fit on. it was nearly time to leave so i went to check on pau.