what fame does to u

oakleys pov

i looked down to take another glance at my phone being blown up by madeline. i sighed and raised my eyebrows in exhaustion. i pulled into the hotel parking garage and went inside. 

"excuse me! may i get a picture with you? my son is a huge fan of your music!" a lady in the elevator said in awe. "of course" i politely smiled and took the picture with her. i let off the elevator and onto my floor, the top floor, and went inside my room.

i was honestly procrastinating even answering madeline. i saw her before i came to dallas. not sure what was so important she'd have to repeatedly call my phone. so unlike her, honestly. the next time she'd call i'd probably have no choice but to answer.

when i got inside, i made sure to have gotten comfortable and opened the windows to reveal the incredible night view i had of the city. i wish pau was here to enjoy it, too. 

incoming call from mads❤️

oakley: hello? yeah?

madeline: so.. when were you going to tell me you had another girlfriend?

oakley: uh...

madeline: don't even bother.. i saw the picture of you at that theme park with her.. have you even seen the instagram comments mentioning her? or the articles that you've been seen with another girl?

oakley: honestly.. madeline... can you just relax-

madeline: relax? oakley this is embarrassing. our relationship has been public for months and now you're seen public with another girl? in another city much less! 

oakley: *silence*

madeline: just tell me... who is she? is she more famous than me? 

oakley: she's not famous at all and that's what i like about her... and madeline we didn't even get back together after you ended things with me. i took you to dinner once-

madeline: fuck you. don't ever contact me again. i should've known to not give you another chance. 

call with madeline has ended

i buried my face in my hands and sighed. i deleted madelines contact, fell back onto the hotel bed and closed my eyes. i wasn't hurt about madeline breaking things off, i was upset that this just confirmed what i told pau in the car. i'm really terrible at relationships.

pau deserves better than what i have to offer her. after the past two days of being with her, i was sure that i'd be ready for something real. this was like a reality check. i don't know if i can give her what she deserves. and i hate myself for it.

i can at least try. but what if things fail... then our relationship would be tainted. i shook my head, trying to rid the negative thoughts. what did madeline mean when she said there were articles? i went straight to google.

search: central cee

UK Rapper Central Cee spotted with mystery girl at Six Flags in Arlington

Rapper Central Cee seen having dinner with instagram model in downtown Dallas

BREAKING: Central Cee has a new girlfriend? Exclusive pics with instagram model 

my eyes widened. how were paparazzi so quick to follow me and race to the media to post? i shivered in fear. plus, pau isn't an 'instagram model', either. she's more real than that. fucking idiots. i remembered what madeline said, so i opened my instagram and ran to my recent posts comments. 

cenchfan1 I'm pretty sure he and madeline broke up so...

soccer3939 His new girl bad asf 😂

madelinestan44 u broke madelines heart!!!

iluvcentralcee guys just be happy for him and what he chooses to do

and hundreds and hundreds of comments just like those. i turned my phone off and i closed my eyes. i'm not even sure i was ready to put paulina in the public eye even more. i could feel myself drifting away to sleep out of exhaustion. before i could drift from total consciousness, i grabbed my phone to text pau.

oak❤️ - 10:32pm

goodnight beautiful ❤️ 

delivered, 10:32pm

and everything went dark. 

////////

a/n: ik this format is kinda really messy, but anyway tysm to everyone who reads and votes it means the world!!!