next flight to london

"would you want to fly back to london with me...?"

i raised my eyebrows. "you're serious?" i asked, a bit puzzled since that question came out of nowhere. "i know that's a bit mad to ask right now and i'm sorry for puttin' you on the spot, but i'm shootin' a video this week and i want you to be in it" oak said. he wants ME? in his music video? i bit my lip and began to think.

i have work this week, i can't just call in all the sudden. i frowned. "i have work tomorrow" i replied. "it'll only take a few days pau.. and i don't want this weekend to end with you" oakley said, grabbing my hands and holding them in his.

i pursed my lips, "fine." a smile spread on his face and he kissed my hand. "i'll buy your ticket, just let your mom know and go pack some clothes" oak said, grabbing his phone. i hopped off the counter and went to my room to grab a suitcase. here i am. packing to go to london with central cee himself.

i pulled out my phone to call my mom to tell her that i'll be leaving to london tonight. she was hesitant to let me go, but caved in since it'd only be until wednesday. i wouldn't even be gone a whole week.

i packed the essentials and let oak know that i was ready to leave with him tonight. "pau, i hope you wanna go because you want to, and not because i'm draggin' you with me" oakley said with a worried expression. i shook my head. "i haven't been to england in a year, i'm excited" i genuinely assured him with a smile.

he pulled me in by my waist into a kiss and we hugged. "don't worry if you don't bring enough clothes, i'll buy you anything you need" oak said reassuring me. "it's fine oak, i have my own money, y'know" i crossed my arms. he raised his hands in defense, "okay, okay."

my timer for the cookies went off, and we raced to the kitchen to pick them out the oven. i blew on them, as if that was gonna cool them off, then placed them onto a plate. i looked beside me to see oakley smiling at me. "what?" i questioned. "nothin' i'm just.. happy to be here with you" he leaned on the counter.

"me too" i said. we brought the cookies to the living room and we continued watching hulu. i liked being with oakley; a lot. this whole weekend was just a dream and our friendship has flourished a lot. i was nervous, though.

we had fallen asleep and when i woke up, the time was around 6:30pm. i softly shook oak awake, and i told him i was gonna shower before we drove to the airport.

oakley's pov

i had woken up to pau letting me know she was gonna shower. i nodded my head and rubbed my eyes to wake me up a bit more. i checked my phone to see any updates from my manager.

Bello (manager) - 4 New notifications

unknown - 8+ New notifications

i rolled my eyes at the second tab of notifications. i knew it was madeline trying to get my attention. it's always been off and on with her and it got boring. i texted my manager letting him know i was gonna be at the airport in an hour.

i scrolled on twitter, tiktok and insta trying to make time go by faster. my train of thought trailed off into me and paulina. i really like her and i'm looking forward to spending more time with her these next few days. she makes me feel so alive. i had a firm idea of where i wanna take this. i just don't want anything to go wrong.

i impatiently waited on the couch. i walked up to the restroom, "pau!" i shouted. no answer. i walked further down the hallway and opened one of the doors. i heard a scream and my eyes widened. my hand flew to cover my eyes. before i could process what i seen, i closed the door as quickly as possible and stood in silence.

paulina. without clothes. i laughed to myself to brush off the embarrassment. why did i want to go back in though... no. stop. i walked back to the couch and opened my phone and scrolled through random apps, trying to play it off.

soon, pau came out. fully clothed this time. she dragged her suitcase behind her. my face grew red remembering what i had seen just minutes before. she had an embarrassed expression on her face as well. "a-are you ready?" i cleared my throat. she nodded.

she left to her mum's room and said her goodbyes. i said goodbye to her mum as well. "i'll take care of her, i promise" i swore. i grabbed my key's and we were on our way to the airport.

by this time, it was dark outside. "pau..."i said. she turned to look at me. "sorry about earlier..." i apologized, trying as hard as possible not to make things awkward. she looked away, into the passenger window with a devious smile. "don't apologize. just don't bring it up again."

"yes ma'am"

Love to see you shine in the night like the diamond you are.

"i love this song" pau said, reaching for the volume. our hands met as we both tried to turn the music up. she let out a small laugh. i adjusted the volume and we continued on our ride to the airport. i grabbed her hand and held it in mine.

I'm on the other side, it's alright, just hold me in the dark

paulina222 via instagram story

we arrived at the airport and i grabbed both of our luggage. we boarded the plane and off to london we go. "first class?" pau questioned, looking at our section. "do you prefer economy?" i asked, a bit sarcastic. she rolled her eyes and smiled. "ha ha" she laughed dryly.

we sat in our seats and i brought out my headphones. pau took out a book and held it in her lap. she placed her head on my shoulder in preparation for the long flight ahead of us. i sank into the music and continued on the song from the radio in the car.

Nothin' feels better than this.