first impression

paulina's pov

i sat in my desk, bored. it was almost time to clock out. then, i get to go home, watch some hulu, and sleep. wait. oakley is flying in tonight. was he gonna wanna see me when he lands? or just go straight to his hotel? thinking about it stimulated my nerves. made my heart race, in a good way.

i was confused about my feelings for him. where do i even stand in his life? i'm not even sure where he stands in mine...

"paulina, do you mind faxing over these papers for me? thanks" my boss asked me. he dropped off a stack of papers in front of my face and went on his way. i did what i was asked.

i mean we're friends. good friends. we met about a little over a month ago. face times and calls almost every night since our first call... i feel like i've known him for years at this point. yes. i am aware of how crazy that sounds. but it's just the way we clicked.

i said my goodbyes to my coworkers in the office and grabbed my things from the break room. i had my water bottle in my hand and my phone in the other.

pau❤️ - 9:32pm

leaving work rn :)

oak<3 is typing...

oak<3 - 9:33pm

appreciate you letting me know

get home safe pau

i smiled at my phone. see? good friends. i made my way out of the office and into the lobby of my job. "paulina! wait up" i heard a male voice call. i turned around and was met with one of my coworkers. "oh, hey drake" i greeted. "where you headed?" drake asked.

"umm, home?" i laughed nervously. at this time, the lobby was empty with just us two as everyone else had gone home by now. it was half past 9 o'clock after all. "did you wanna go grab a drink in a bit?" he offered with a kind smile. honestly, i'd rather wait around for oakley to land than go out LMAO.

i shook my head. "sorry drake, i can't but i appreciate the invite" i smiled. "maybe i can get your number for future plans then?" drake asked. frick. what do i even say to that? i mean... me and oak aren't dating but we.. like each other.. don't we?

"umm, why don't you give me your number?" i told drake. he agreed. this way, he wouldn't exactly have my number, and this doesn't mean i have to even contact him if i didn't want to.

we exchanged goodbyes and i drove home. thoughts about oak clouded my mind the entire way. i was so nervous and excited to see him. to meet him. God i hope it's not awkward.

i texted oak that i was home and got in the shower. after, i put on some leggings and a sweater. i put on whatever telenovela i'm obsessed with at the moment and laid on my couch.

oak<3 - 11:13pm

I just landed

wyd

my eyes widened. i bit my lip thinking of what to say.

"hey honey, how was work?" i heard my mom enter the kitchen. "hey mama, work was fine. i'm talking to a friend right now" i told her. "ooh, a friend? or a boyfriend?" she winked. "just a friend, mom" i chuckled. "who happens to be landing in dallas right now" i added.

"how nice, are y'all gonna hang out this weekend?" my mom asked, sipping tea from a mug. "that's the plan" i answered. "okay mija, well be careful. i'm heading to sleep" my mom said, leaving the kitchen. "goodnight mama."

pau ❤️ - 11:16pm

in my pjs lmao

oak<3 - 11:17pm

send pics

jk

pau❤️ sent an attachment

oak<3 loved an attachment

oak<3 - 11:17pm

so you comin to see me like that

pau❤️ - 11:18pm

yup take it or leave it

oak<3 - 11:19pm

definitely take it

pau❤️ - 11:19pm

yea wtv

oak<3 - 11:20pm

I'm omw to my hotel rn

I'm so fucking tired bro 😭

pau❤️ - 11:20pm

gts when u get there

oak<3 - 11:21pm

nah

what's your address

pau❤️ - 11:22pm

omg why

oak<3 - 11:23pm

I wanna see you that's why😭

pau❤️ - 11:23pm

can we like meet somewhere

oak<3 - 11:24pm

I don't bite 🙄

but as you wish pau

where shall we meet

pau❤️ - 11:25pm

I know a place downtown, trust me

I grabbed my keys and made my way to the restaurant we agreed to meet at. I parked my car and texted oak a quick "here." I walked inside the restaurant and let the hostess know I was waiting on a table for two.

"paulina?" i turned around and saw drake. oof. "uh, hi drake" i said, frozen. awkward. "i thought you couldn't come out tonight?"

"uhhh..." i trailed, trying to think of what to say. suddenly, i felt an arm rest upon my shoulder.

"i'm the reason she couldn't come. who's this pau?" i heard a guy with a thick, west london accent say. i looked beside me and immediately recognized him. oakley.

his eyes were glued on drake, almost intimidatingly. "uhh, oakley this is drake; drake, oakley" i introduced them. "oh i thought you were single paulina, my bad" drake raised his hands in defense. oakley scoffed.

"oh he's n-" "yeah well she's not. so leave her alone yeah?"

my jaw dropped. before i could say anything, oak turned us around and guided us to an empty table. "since i got here before you, so they gave me the last table" he said with a cheeky smirk. quickly, a waiter tended to us. we told the waiter what we wanted to drink.

"so... interesting first impression" i said with a chuckle. "what d'you mean?" oakley laughed. "you were.. i don't know the word.." i trailed, trying to find the right word. "territorial, innit?" he laughed. i rolled my eyes, "that's the one."

"i just like what's mine, that's all."

/////

a/n: almost 1000 words chapter!!! hopefully y'all enjoyed. will continue their meeting in the next chapter<3