love is not dead

paulina's pov

"hello this is paulina with morgan and morgan incorporated how may i help you?"

i was a broken record playing over and over at work. i had begun a new job almost as soon as i came back from new jersey. 20 and working in a law firm, not bad huh?

plus i've been taking my social media a bit more serious. as serious as social media can get. i just post way more and interact with people who follow me. mostly oak's supporters, which i don't mind.

it's been a few weeks since new jersey. jack's video was a hit. i was thankful for all the popularity i've been gaining. however i haven't really talked to oak much since then. 

i hear oaks music all over my tiktok for you page, instagram reels, the radio. don't even let me mention the edits the fans have made of us.

everything is still pretty sore. i only hear from oak when he's not busy. he came out with a new song with the kid laroi and jungkook of bts so he's been doing a lot of promo's and stuff. 

the law firm was closing so i was packing up my things. soon, i went to my car. it was dark out already. 

once i got home i placed my purse on the counter and locked the door. "ma, i'm home" i shouted. "paulina, i'm in the living room" my mom said back. i walked over to our couch and laid down.

"how was work mija?" my mom asked. "it was pretty good" i replied. "have you talked to oakley today?" she asked me. "mommm" i exaggerated. she knows i don't really like to talk about him. still kinda 'moving on'

"right, sorry" she giggled. "don't forget we're flying to manchester to celebrate your dads birthday this weekend" mom sat back in the couch. 

my parents relationship is so weird. yall get divorced 15 years ago and still keep in contact enough to celebrate your birthdays? i shook my head. "i haven't seen dad in forever... i miss him" i said. i did miss my dad a lot. 

"me too"

i side eyed my mom. was there something going on that i didn't know about? whatever. my eyes drifted away into a sleep. i was so exhausted. 

within the next few days i was on a flight to Manchester with my mom. our first flight together to the uk in over a year. i was so excited to see my father again. but being in uk soil made me think of oakley. 

he hasn't texted me at all. granted i didn't tell him i was going to manchester. i haven't told him anything since our last convo last week.

a week ago

oakley - 8:39pm

hey pau how you been

pau - 8:40pm

hey 

and i've been okay, you?

oakley - 8:41pm

good

pau - 8:41pm

nice

oakley - 8:42pm

I got a new song coming out

pau - 8:42pm

fr

oakley - 8:43pm

yup

pau - 8:43pm

when am i gonna hear it?:)

oakley - 8:43pm

soon pau