separate flights

oakley's pov

i woke up the next morning. the first thing i noticed was pau was in my arms. i held her closer to me, not wanting to let go. i know what you're thinking- nothing happened yesterday. we fell asleep watching movies.

she pressed her back onto my chest in her sleep. fuck. i wish i could be like this forever. my eyes stayed closed. 

i woke up again, not sure how long later, this time paulina was gone.

i heard the shower running though. 

i grabbed my bag and began to pack what i had brought with me during the week. i had this weird gaping feeling inside my chest. oh yeah. paulina broke up with me last night. it all came back.

a few minutes later, pau came out, in some sweats and hoodie. i caught myself staring and shook my head. she's not your girl anymore, oak. i cleared my throat. "mornin'" i said, voice still a bit sleepy. "good morning" paulina replied. 

"i'm hungry" she said, placing a hand above her tummy. i cracked a grin. "let's go get somethin' to eat" i stretched my arms a bit. pau agreed. i went to take a quick shower. after i was dressed, i slid on my slides and she stepped into some shoes quickly as well.

we walked down the street and stopped at a taco place. on our way, i got stopped a few times by fans. pau didn't mind of course. she's always been so supportive. 

"you guys are dating right?" a female fan asked us. pau's eyes widened and she let out a nervous chuckle. "no, we're not dating" pau answered. "not anymore" i said under my breath. the fan laughed. "can i get a picture?" she asked. "of course" i said.

we made it to the taco place and we said our order. "will that be cash or card?" the cashier asked. before i could answer, pau responded. "card" she said, handing her card over. "pau, i got it" i said, grabbing my wallet.

"you're fine. it's not like we're dating anymore" 

nah man. heart = shattered. i let out a sharp scoff and left my wallet in my pocket. whatever paulina. after a few minutes, the cashier handed us our order and we were on the way back to the airbnb.

we sat down at the kitchen island and began eating. it was quiet. almost awkward quiet. "so we're not datin' anymore huh" i said, before taking a sip of my drink. "nope" paulina said, grabbing a napkin.

i let out an exaggerated sigh. "whatever pau" i muttered. "you even told that fan 'no we're not dating'" i mimicked. paulina laughed and shook her head. "oak, don't do this" she begged. "don't do what?" i raised my voice.

"don't start a fight at a time where this could be the last moment we have together for a while" paulina looked at me. she looked so... done. 

how did we end up so toxic so quick? we've only had one massive argument prior to this situation. whenever we're together we're best friends. now i feel like there's this uncomfortable tension between us. i gave up.

"eat your food" i said.

"don't tell me what to do" she replied.

"or what" 

"or else you're gonna end up a father"

paulina's pov

time passed and it was time to leave to my flight to dallas. oakley was right behind me. conveniently he flight back to london was an hour after mine so we just took a taxi to the airport.

i texted my mom to let her know id be boarding my flight soon. oak helped me with my bags and we walked further into the airport.

it was so quiet between us. i felt like nothing would be the same between us. yet i'd pray that things could go back to the way they were.

a few paparazzi spotted oak with me and snapped pictures- i didn't mind though. oak was growing with fame by the day. and if i'd be his girlfriend of course i'd support him in all he'd do.  

except i'm not his girlfriend anymore.

we had some time to kill before either of us had to leave so we went looking around the shops and everything. in one shop, i picked up a hello kitty plushy, "this is so cute."

"do you want it?" oak asked.

"no" i placed it back.

i walked away. i looked around at other things just killing time, losing oakley behind me. i grabbed a few snacks for the ride home. once i checked out i went looking for oak tree.

as i was about to text him, i heard footsteps approaching me. "you ready?" oak asked, plastic bag in hand beside one of his bags. i nodded. 

it was about time for me to get through tsa and everything which meant it was nearly time for me and oak to part ways.

i stopped in my tracks. no huge dramatic goodbye paulina. make it short and casual. 

i looked at oak and he looked at me. i struggled keeping a shy smile off of my face. this man still makes me weak to my knees. "i'll see you later, oak" i said. clearly i did not want to say goodbye.

oakley stayed quiet. "uhh" he muttered. he looked down at the plastic bag in his hand from one of the shops we stopped in. he handed me the bag. 

"don't open it until i walk away" he said. he licked his lips. i could tell something was off. he looked so... sad. oak faked a smile, "c'mere pau" he invited me into a hug.

i held him close. i buried my face in his neck. i'm going to miss him so much. and i don't know when i'll see him next. i didn't want to keep seeing him as long as i knew he could hurt me again.

"this isn't goodbye, pau, i promise" oak said, still arms wrapped around me. i felt tears build up. i sighed. 

"i love you paulina..."

"i love you too oak..."

once i boarded my flight, i remember i had that bag oakley gave me before leaving. i opened it and peeked inside. my heart just about burst. it was the exact hello kitty from the shop. 

...

(a/n: ik this mf dont got tats like cench dont say nun😩)

centralcee via close friends Instagram story 

 ////

a/n: YALL idk if yall read my latest activity, i'm kinda on a small hiatus from writing, and i only got a few more chapters for this story left in me 😩 but i promise i won't end pau and oak on a bad note just trust the process<3 also guysss ik this story isn't the most realistic, so plssss go easy on me about how i write things out. thanks to everyone who votes and comments yall keep this story going :,)<3