avoidant love

paulina's pov

after the video shoot wrapped up, jack offered to drive me back to the airbnb. i reluctantly accepted. i don't even know where oakley went after he admitted to cheating. to be frank, i didn't care.

i should've seen this entire thing coming. 

we arrived to the penthouse and i grabbed my bag. i let out a 'thank you' and jack nodded. as i was going to open my door, jack spoke up. "you're not going to invite me in?" he smirked. i playfully rolled my eyes.

"would you like to come in?" i offered. "i really shouldn't- okay" jack turned off his car and we both walked into the building. we took the elevator up. 

these heels were honestly killing me. i couldn't wait to change out of this outfit. i opened the door and i placed my things on the kitchen counter. 

"hey um, i'm sorry about what happened ear-"

"don't even. it's not your fault"

i dragged myself to the lounging area. jack followed. we talked a bit about today and i did everything i could to avoid talking about oak.

i looked outside the large windows that let in the sunset. i got up to go outside and take a breather. "this view is so beautiful" i muttered. "not as beautiful as this view right here" jack smirked. bro. i let out a laugh and shoved him away.  

"let me take a pic of you" jack insisted. "why?" i asked. i didn't wanna take any pictures to remember this day tbh. "just take a picture, paulina" he sassed. i complied. 

Liked by jackharlow, champagnepapi, and 13,001 others

paulina222 i keep my side of the street clean, you wouldn't know what i mean

jackharlow i took these btw

> centralcee fucking bum

>> user9338383 white on white crime omg

we went back inside. "i'm gonna go change into some different clothes" i closed the terrace door behind me. "okay" jack replied. i jogged into the master bedroom to change into some sweatpants and a hoodie. 

i came back and plopped myself on the couch. "so how are you gonna leave him?" jack asked me. i mentally rolled my eyes. i don't really want to talk about it. since i stayed quiet, jack retracted his question.

"too soon?" 

"a bit, yeah"

"well has he even tried reaching out to you?" 

i paused to think about it, then i laughed. "i wouldn't know, i blocked his number" i said. jack snickered. "you deserve better" jack said. i sighed and scratched my head. a part of me wanted to forgive oakley. i just needed time.

again, i got quiet. "so do you just plan on avoiding him?" jack asked me. "basically" i replied. i wanted to cry but i couldn't find it in me to. i knew once i started to cry, i wouldn't be able to stop.

i heard a knock at the door. my head turned to the direction of the sound. 

"pau, open up!"

i looked at jack. "do you want me to get it?" he asked me with a kind smile. i looked back at the door. i felt like this was a double edged sword. i open it, i need to face oakley. jack opens it, oakley thinks there's something going on. 

i raised from the couch and dragged my feet to the front door. i took a breath and fixed my hair. i opened the door to reveal oak. my heart crushed into a million pieces facing him again. 

"pau, can we just talk?" oak begged. i stood in silence. after everything, i felt like i had so much to say but little energy. i shrugged. "about what?" i asked, trying to avoid addressing the situation. 

oak looked down at me with hurt eyes. i could see tears welling up. i shook my head. "i think it's best if you just go" i muttered. "paulina please just listen to me" oak pushed the door open with one arm. 

"if you give me another chance i promise this will never happen again" oakley said, taking a step closer to me. my heart felt like it was being pulled one way but i wouldn't let it budge. i couldn't let myself believe him. at least not right now.

"please paulina, i love you so much"

"oak... i think we should just have some space from each other" i stated. "please, just go" i begged him. i could feel myself begin to cry. i felt a presence behind me. "you heard her, go" jack said from behind me. 

oakley's face changed from sadness into anger. he scoffed and crossed his arms. "this is why you want space, innit" oak shook his head. "you're somethin' else, paulina." 

"and you're lucky i don't fuckin' knock your jaw out of place" oakley shouted, walking closer to jack. "oak, relax" i told him, staying between the two of them. i've never seen oak so aggressive. after a bit of silence and death glares, oak spoke up. "we'll talk later" with that, he left.

i closed the door. that was a fucking episode if i've ever seen one. seeing oakley refreshed the wound. i looked down and tears fell onto the floor. jack pulled me into a hug, "you're okay" he cooed into my ear.

we went to the living room and jack flicked on a movie. i was on one couch while he stayed on another. i could feel myself drift into sleep as tears soaked into my blanket. 

i needed this space from him. i needed to detach myself. only thing i knew for sure was that i still love oakley. so much.