first date

"i just like what's mine, that's all" oak said with a smirk, causing me to choke on my sweet tea

"i just like what's mine, that's all" oak said with a smirk, causing me to choke on my sweet tea. what's his? oh my.

"so do i" i agreed. he leaned back in his chair and looked at me with flirty eyes. Lord, i was melting. "you're a bit taller than what i expected" he said. oof. i'm only around 5'5" though. "wish i could say the same about you" i sassed, causing him to laugh. i was semi-joking, lmao.

"you're funny" oak said, smiling. "thank you" i replied. the waiter came back and asked for our order. "go ahead" oak assured, letting me order first. "umm, i'll have the fettuccine alfredo" i said. (a/n: sum random, do not come for me if you dont like that food 😭)

"and for you sir?" the waiter asked. "i'll have the same" oak said with a polite smile. the waiter took our menus and left. "how original of you" i said, jokingly. "well obviously i've never been here, so i ordered what you liked" he shrugged. i nodded in understanding. "you're quiet sassy y'know that" oakley said before taking a sip of his drink.

"do you reckon?" i raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms. "yeah, but i sort of like it."

i wanted to ask what he meant when he said "i just like what's mine" earlier, but a part of me wanted to leave it up to my own delusional interpretation. i chuckled to myself.

"that's not the only thing you like is it?" i teased playfully. he shook his head and smirked. i looked down at the table, and let out a shy smile that i've been holding in since i sat down. i could feel knots in my stomach and heat rising to my cheeks. i felt so alive with him. the air stayed electric between us.

the food arrived and we began to eat. our conversation didn't really stop, though. "what are you gonna do after this?" he asked. "go home. sleep" i said blatantly. not hiding that i was quite tired. "same, i'm actually quite jet lagged right now" he replied, eyebrows raised.

"what do you think of dallas so far?" i asked him. he paused to think. "considerin' i've been here for like an hour and a half, it's alright" oak answered with a pout. "but i'm excited to see the rest of it this weekend."

his eyes lingered on me, i could see the genuine adoration in his eyes. "me too."

time passed and we continued to talk. "are you ready?" he asked, reaching for his back pocket, assuming to pay the check. "yeah, but i got it" i stated, reaching for my purse. "don't worry pau, it's on me" oak reassured. i looked down at my purse with nothing but a lip gloss and gum in it. "really?" i smiled.

he nodded and paid. we got up and he walked me to my car.

once we reached my car, i turned around to look at oakley. "so.." i said, breaking the silence. the moonlight lit up both of us and both of our brown eyes met each others. "..so" he said, with a low voice.

before i knew it, he was leaning in and he placed his lips onto mine. i felt his arm snake around my waist and my hand softly grasped the side of his face. i tiptoed to reach his neck and placed a small kiss. i pulled away and bit my lip slowly. "i'll see you tomorrow" he affirmed before leaving a kiss on my forehead.

i drove home, feeling like i had dreamt the whole thing. i went inside my room and threw myself on my bed. we kissed.

oak<3 - 1:12am

goodnight beautiful

pau❤️ - 1:15am

goodnight <3