sprinter

paulina's pov

once we landed in london, we got through security and secured our luggage. oak dragged both of our suitcases behind him like a gentlemen and i carried my little tote bag.

i took in a deep breath of the air outside. i missed it. it's so different here than in the states. after a bit of searching, we got in the car that oak's manager sent for us. 

"so.. what do you think?" oak asked me with a smirk, leaning back into the cars seat. i looked at him. "i missed the air here in england, for sure" i stated. "we can visit manchester tomorrow if you'd like" oak offered a smile. "i'd love that."

later, we arrived at this big, beautiful modern home in a big neighbourhood filled with homes just like it. "this is.. where you live?" i asked, having to take a pause. "yup.. buyin' a house was one of the first things i did once my career started flourishing."

we left the car and oak unlocked his front door. i was greeted with a very clean and spacious living room, lit by the natural light that the huge windows invited.  i sighed, trying to process the i'd probably never afford a house like this in my life. 

"i'll show you to my guest bedroom" oak said, waiting by the stairs. i followed him upstairs and he opened one of the many doors in the hallway. his guest bedroom was huge. oak sat my suitcase down near the bed. "you can unpack and i'll be in my room."

i began unpacking and started to think. i can't believe i flew all the way over here with oakley. i'm happy to be here with him, though. i put the rest of my clothes away and put my makeup bag on the nightstand. i got up and went to find oak. 

walking along his huge hallway, i found a door that was left open. i saw oak sitting on his bed on his phone. i knocked, and went to sit on the bed beside him. "hi" i said. he looked up, "hi."

"so when do we start shooting the video?" i ask. "in a few hours, my team will be over in a bit to do you hair and your makeup and stuff."

my nerves began going off. "oak..."i trailed nervously. "yeah?" he answered. "i'm thankful for this opportunity.. i'm just a bit scared" i looked down. he opened his arms inviting me into a hug, i accepted. "i understand it may be nerve-rackin' bein' in a video, but i want you here with me.. talk to me if it gets hard for you" he kissed my forehead.

i have to admit, i did feel better hearing him reassure me. we talked a bit more and he told me more about the song that the video was for. it's called "sprinter" with another british rapper. oak played it for me and i fell in love with his voice.

soon, his team arrived and we went downstairs. "hi, you must be paulina?" a man greeted me, with two women behind him. "that's me" i cheesed. "i'm jeff, i'll be your head stylist for today and these are my assistants. we're in charge of your look for the video."

stylists? woah. "you'll be fine" oakley said gazing in my eyes. i hate when he does that. his big brown, sparkly eyes. he looked at the head stylist. "take care of her yeah?" he pointed at them. jeff nodded. i followed him to an area with light rings and a makeshift vanity they brought.

i sat down in a chair and they began applying the makeup. "so, how long have you known cench?" one of the female assistants asked me. who? i stayed quiet, hoping for them to elaborate. "central cee..." she corrected, with a smile. "not that long but.. we've become really close" i stated.

the female assistant looked at the other assistant and giggled. "that's what the last girl said..." she said under her breath. i nervously laughed. i'm sure they were joking.

after about 45 minutes, one of the assistants handed me an outfit and i went to change. it was a black jumpsuit with black boots. different, i shrugged. i came out and they added jewelry onto me and handed me a pair of sunglasses. 

"pau?" oak asked from behind me. i turned around, hoping he doesn't think i look too ridiculous. i mean this guy has only seen me in leggings and hoodies. he raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. his mouth opened, almost trying to make words out; "wow."

"do i look bad?" i asked. he shook his head. "you look good" he said. that's all? i bit my lip. "thank you?" i laughed. "we're gonna leave to film in about 20 minutes" oaks manager said. his face perked at the sight of me, "paulina right?" his manager questioned. even his manager knows me?

"hi" i smiled. "i'm bello, cench's manager" he introduced himself and we shook hands. "get some pictures of her for promos!" jeff, the stylist demanded of the assistants. "i'll see you in a bit" oak said, before disappearing with his manager. the assistants began taking pictures and videos and i stayed still, letting them.

i went to go look in the mirror and observed my appearance. i look pretty decent. one of the assistant makeup artists snapped a pic of me. "i'll send this to you, you look great, post it!" she complimented me. we exchanged social media and i did as she said.

 we exchanged social media and i did as she said

Liked by centralcee and 8,039 others

paulina222 i know you're bad, stop acting innocent

centralcee lord have mercy

luvlisa baddieee

user399339 madeline is better 

i looked at that last comment. madeline? that name sounded familiar. i brushed it off, i didn't wanna be more in my head than usual. we left to the filming sight for the video and filmed a few scenes. most were just me standing and posing and acting. i didn't know those things came so naturally to me. 

a few hours after. we came back to oaks. it was dark outside. i dragged my feet to the guest bedroom and stripped of the "costume" i wore to filming. i took a shower and got dressed in some shorts and a big tee shirt. i laid on the guest bed and tried closing my eyes. but i couldn't sleep. 

i sneakily left the guest bedroom and quietly walked to oaks room. i opened his door and found him asleep. "oak.." i whispered. no response. i softly shook him awake. his eyes fluttered open. "pau? everythin' alright?" he asked sleepily. "can i stay in here with you for tonight?" i asked him. 

he nodded and made some room on the side of him. i climbed inside the covers. i closed my eyes and could feel myself drifting away. oak pulled me closer to him and held me. like that, i fell asleep.