commitment issues

a/n: pic is oakley's living room 🙏

oakley's pov - after the restaurant scene

i pulled into my driveway. i was going to get out to open pau's door but she beat me to it. i guess i understand why she was upset. we both left the car in silence.

i unlocked the house and she walked past me up the stairs leaving me in the dust. i decided to stay down here to give her some space to decompress. i plopped myself on the couch and turned on the telly.

i rubbed my temples. i care about paulina so much. i truly have never felt this way for anyone. i'm afraid to ruin what we have together. i don't trust myself. i began to think of things that i could do to make this night up to her.

it was late, approaching midnight. her flight leaves in less than 24 hours. i needed to make it up to her. somehow, some way.

after that brief conversation with madeline a couple minutes ago, i began exploring my phone. immediately went to all my contacts, and deleted any numbers that belonged to a female i had a past with or was entertaining in any sort of way.

my commitment issues were holding me back for real. but for pau... i'd do anything. i continued deleting numbers and old pictures off my phone.

after about 30 minutes, i heard footsteps coming down the stairway. i turned my head. pau. in a baggy shirt and joggers, she looked sleepy. she's so gorgeous, i thought to myself. i hid my smile and stared at my phone.

"texting your hoes?" pau sassed with crossed arms. her little attitude is so adorable. i tried not to laugh. "quite the opposite actually" i retorted with raised eyebrows. i moved over to make room for her on the couch and she took the spot. i was glad.

i remained quiet. i was relieved pau even came downstairs. her eyes were fixed on the telly in front of us. i turned my phone off and decided to watch it with her. "did you really mean what you said at dinner? about us being just friends" she asked, not removing her eyes from the screen.

i shook my head lightly, "no." i replied. "i want to be with you pau..." i added. she pursed her lips, "but...?" she looked at me. "i guess i'm a bit scared... i feel like it'd take a bit of time before i can give you what you deserve" i answered. it took a lot for those words to leave my lips. i hate talking about feelings.

she sighed, as if that was the answer she expected. "so... what now?" pau gazed at me. her beautiful dark brown eyes were stern. one thing about paulina, she was all business when it boiled down to it.

i paused to think about her question. there has to be a middle ground. i already was determined to make this girl mine. "i want to be talkin' exclusively, just to each other, no one else.. but not quite public with it, y'know" i said with every ounce of hope that she'd agree.

"alright" she said. so it was official, but not official, that we were romantically involved in that way. "i mean.. everyone already knows that we've been talking" i added. "true" she replied. of course i didn't mind that, though. it was like everyone knew she belonged to me.

she hugged her knees to her chest. "i miss dallas" she mumbled, resting her chin on her knees. "homesick already?" i questioned. she nodded. i felt a sting in my heart.

i loved being with this woman but i hated seeing her feeling blue. "you'll be home tomorrow, pau, don't worry" i replied, holding her close to me. she rested her head on my chest. Lord knows what it was that made me so attached to her. i knew right then i was going to miss her when she left.

we fell asleep on the couch and the following day i drove pau to the airport. we kissed goodbye and i watched her leave to board the plane. there she goes. i sighed. as i left, i met a few fans and took as many pics with them as i could. i made my way back home.

though pau left the uk, she never left my mind. i knew around the time she'd land since i googled the flight info. obviously not in a creepy way, in a protective way. 

i went to a floral shop website near her hometown and ordered her a bouquet of about a hundred roses she'd see when she got home. good first start to us being official yet not so official, right?

oak❤️ - 12:43pm

text me when you land and get home beautiful 

can't wait to see you again 

pau❤️ - 7:54pm

i landed a bit ago and now i'm home

the flowers omg oak <3

they're gorgeous

pau❤️ sent an attachment

oak❤️ loved an attachment

oak❤️ - 7:55pm

of course princess 

pau ❤️ loved "of course princess"

pau❤️ - 8:01pm

stoppp i'm blushing

i'm gonna unpack and eat rn 

oak❤️ - 8:02pm

yk you'll always be my princess pau

and text me after you eat

pau❤️ - 8:03pm

i will <3

oak❤️ - 8:03pm

okay pau

ily <3

pau❤️ - 8:03pm

ilyt 

oak❤️ - 8:03pm

ilym

pau❤️ - 8:04pm

shut up

oak❤️ - 8:04pm

my bad 😭

delivered, 8:04pm