CHAPTER 44 - SWEET TO BITTER

Disclaimer ; This part may contain an inappropriate and explicit content 🔞

Mina's remarks feel like a dagger slashing through Chaeyoung's heart. Panic and regret rush down to his bones, making him pace up to Mina. In a swift motion, he pulls her around until her body rests in his embrace.

"I didn't mean to hurt you anymore, Mina-yaa. Listen to me, I and Somi, we just..."

She pushes Chaeyoung away, her eyes still flaring at him. "I don't want to hear anything from you anymore, Son Chaeyoung," she says and turns away from him.

"Will you listen to me just for once, Mina? Am I the only one who hasn't learned from my mistakes right now? You also didn't give me a chance for explanations and left me years ago... you never listened to me," Chaeyoung sighs in frustration, his shoulders slumping down.

Mina stops in her tracks, realizing that Chaeyoung is speaking the truth. They are both at fault for what happened between them. She acknowledges that she never really gave Chaeyoung a chance to explain things. Slowly, she turns around to face Chaeyoung again.

Chaeyoung stares at her, who is now standing still. "I know I was at fault for meeting Somi behind your back without telling you first. Somi called me because someone caused a scene with her at the bar. She said that person is a Sasaeng who always used to stalk her. I had no other option but to rush to her and bring her home safely. Nothing more happened after that. I've never had anything with her... I'll try to learn from my mistakes, Mina. If you don't want me to be friends with her anymore, I'll cut her out of my life. She means nothing to me after all... You are the only one I want... Trust me," Chaeyoung steps closer to her. "I won't ever repeat my mistake again..." he holds Mina's hand tightly.

Mina is silent for a moment and studies Chaeyoung's eyes. She finally takes a gasp of air. "There's no need to cut her off... You don't have to go that far for me, Chaeng. It's my fault too, I'm sorry that I doubted you again. And I'll listen to you after this. But thank you for never giving up on me," She brings her thumbs to brush Chaeyoung's cheeks.

"I love you, Mina-yaa... I hate fighting with you, but I hate even more making you sad..."

"I should feel this sadness, Chaeyoung... Love isn't always about being happy and affectionate to each other... right? We both feel the pain because we love each other too much... because I love you so much that I don't want to lose you to others and want to keep you by my side, forever," Mina's eyes sparkle with tears that suddenly emerge.

Chaeyoung gently smiles at Mina. "I'll always be by your side, babe," he whispers. He brings his palm to cup Mina's cheeks and brushes away her warm tears. "The pain feels sweeter now that I see your beautiful face," he says, curling a naughty smirk amidst their reconciliation.

Mina curls a disbelief smile, "Yaa, your words are even sweeter than the pain now," She chuckles until suddenly her breath seems to get stuck as Chaeyoung deeply stares into her eyes.

Chaeyoung suddenly smirks, noticing Mina's nervousness. "I know something even sweeter more than anything else in this world," his voice getting deep, his stare becomes darker,, making Mina's chest tighten and her breath grow hot. Chaeyoung then leans closer to her ear. "And it's you. You are the sweetest thing ever, babe," his voice tinged with a seductive demeanor as he whispers to Mina.

Mina can no longer hold herself back as Chaeyoung triggers this newfound desire within her. Unconsciously, she cups Chaeyoung's face with her hand and pulls him closer, their lips meeting in a tender kiss. Chaeyoung chuckles softly against her lips, causing Mina to suddenly pull away, curiosity sparking in her eyes.

"Why are you laughing, baby?" Mina's voice trembles slightly, her expression filled with confusion.

"It's just that it's been a while since I saw you this impatient... do you want me that much, babe?" Chaeyoung smirks playfully, his eyes twinkling with amusement. His utterance makes Mina's face flush pink with embarrassment.

MICHAENG : THE STORY UNFOLDS WITH YOUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें