CHAPTER 40 - FLOOD OF MEMORIES

The chill breeze sweeps along the banks of the Han River, rustling through the trees and carrying with it the laughter of children and the chatter of people enjoying the outdoors. Families stroll along the riverbank, some with kids running ahead, their laughter echoing in the air. Others walk their dogs, the pets eagerly exploring the grassy areas and occasionally stopping to sniff at passing strangers.

In the distance, the gentle hum of bicycle wheels can be heard as cyclists pedal along the designated paths, enjoying the scenic views of the river. Some stop to take photos or simply soak in the tranquil atmosphere.

Chaeyoung crouches down beside Hoonie, his hands expertly adjusting the training wheels on the small bicycle.

"Hurry up, daddy!! I can't wait" Hoonie's voice echoes eagerly, his eyes sparkle with excitement as he attentively watches his daddy's every move, his small hands clutching the handlebars in anticipation.

"It's almost done, boy..just a little bit here" Chaeyoung chuckles while looking up at his son. His hands make an another slight adjustments to the bicycle, ensuring everything is just right for Hoonie's first solo ride.

Meanwhile, Mina stands a short distance away, her phone held up to capture the precious moment between father and son. A soft smile plays on her lips as she watches Chaeyoung's patient instruction and Hoonie's determination to master the skill of riding a bike.

With a final adjustment, Chaeyoung straightens up and steps back, giving Hoonie space to mount the bicycle. "There you go, buddy...You're all set go" He says and steadies the bike as Hoonie climbs aboard, his heart swelling with pride at his son's bravery.

As Hoonie begins to pedal forward, wobbling slightly but determined to succeed, both Chaeyoung and Mina watch with bated breath, their hearts filled with love and pride for their little boy.

"Way to go, boy! You're doing amazing!" Chaeyoung cheers, his proud grin lighting up his face as he strides alongside Hoonie. Mina trails behind, her heart swelling with pride as she watches her son's determination and Chaeyoung's unwavering support.

As Hoonie finds his rhythm, pedaling a bit faster, Chaeyoung and Mina walk side by side, trailing behind their son.

"I never imagined this moment would come into my life," Chaeyoung confesses to Mina, his gaze fixed on Hoonie ahead.

Mina's smile remains, her heart filled with joy as she steals a glance at Chaeyoung. "I never imagined it either, Chaeng. I thought none of this would ever happen," she replies, her voice tinged with both happiness and a hint of melancholy.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath, feeling the cold breeze fill his lungs. His lips form a bittersweet smile. "I should have done this a long time ago, shouldn't I, Mina-yaa?" he says before continuing, "I'm sorry for being late to come to you guys. Honestly, I'm grateful that you didn't push me away despite everything. Thank you, Mina-yaa, for letting Hoonie know about me, for your patience in waiting for me, even if it's just because of Hoonie." He speaks with sincerity, stealing a glance at Mina.

Mina's heart swells with gratitude for Chaeyoung's presence now. Despite him not remembering her and not returning to fix their broken relationship, his presence for Hoonie serves as a balm to her worries. "Of course, I never stopped waiting for you, Chaeng, and thank you for coming back for our Hoonie," She utters before the wind hardly brushes over her, making her hair wave and fall all over her face, causing her to stop walking.

Chaeyoung chuckles, turning his gaze to Mina, but suddenly feels as if the world stops. He stands frozen, stunned to see Mina standing beside him with her messy hair covering her face that resembling the young woman in his dream.