CHAPTER 4 - PLOT AND CONFESS

After a few hours of lectures, they finally prepare to leave the campus. Chaeyoung steps out from his class with a heavy sigh, stretching his body to wash away some tensions. He couldn't focus during the class, as Wonyoung kept distracting him with numerous questions and flirtatious gestures. Additionally, seeing Mina and Mingyu talking to each other only adds to his frustration and simmering anger.

He wants to wait for Mina but she appears to have left already, making him set off with heavy steps towards his car. He reaches for his key from his pocket while walking and without his concern, he bumps into someone.

"Awww..Chaeng?? Why did you hit me?" Mina growls while rubbing her head that was hit by Chaeyoung's shoulder. Her gaze on Chaeyoung is fierce as her brows furrow in terror.

"Yaa.. I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Chaeyoung reflexively reaches for Mina's chin and lifts her face to see her. Mina stares at Chaeyoung unexpectedly, feeling like electricity jolts her as Chaeyoung's thumbs gently rub her forehead. Her eyes trace Chaeyoung's face, taking in every detail, his round eyes that seem to sparkle, his pointed nose, perfectly crafted like a work of art, his pink lips that fill the frame of his mouth perfectly, his moles adding to the charm of his smooth skin.

"Yaa, are you okay?" Chaeyoung's eyes then meet hers, making Mina snap out of her thoughts. She suddenly recoils from Chaeyoung, trying to regain her composure before her voice cracks. "I'm fine.. don't worry," she clears her throat.

"Ahh.. alright," Chaeyoung sighs in relief. "Let's go then." Chaeyoung slowly takes a few steps away but he halts as Mina asks him, "Go? Where?" Mina gives a small confused reaction while standing still in her place.

"Go home..I'll send you..come," Chaeyoung casually says, waiting for her to close the gap between them.

"You want to send me home?" Mina questions again, still not moving an inch.

"Yaaa, Stop asking.. faster or I will leave you here," Chaeyoung says faster, leaving Mina behind, but the sounds of Mina's heels against the floor fill his ears as he knows Mina is now coming with him. "Chaeng, wait for me," Mina speeds up until she walks side by side with Chaeyoung.

They get into the car, and the engine roars as Chaeyoung starts the car. Chaeyoung steps on the pedal, making their way out of the campus. His focus is now solely on the road until he starts to break the silence again. He hesitantly asks, "So, I saw you sitting with Mingyu in the class. How was Mingyu?" His hoarse voice tinged with grogginess as he forces himself to ask the question.

"Mingyu? Well, he seems healthy and good," Mina utters, not quite catching the real intentions of what Chaeyoung wants to talk about.

"Idiot, that's not what I mean." Chaeyoung chuckles as he looks at Mina, who is clueless yet undeniably adorable.

"So what do you mean by how was he?" Mina presses on her words, her gestures showing that she's getting ready for another small debate with Chaeyoung.

"Well..I mean..is he fine with you? Is he good to you? Like easygoing with you?? You seem a bit comfortable with him just now," Chaeyoung says while fixing his gaze straight on the road, even though there's an earthquake in his heart now.

"Aaa..are you being my stalker now?" Mina pays attention, looking at Chaeyoung. She reads his face, it is kind of painted with some bitterness yet concern. "Well..he's not bad but I don't feel like sitting with him again," Mina tries to break the tense knot in Chaeyoung's face, trying to comfort him with her answer.

"Why?" Chaeyoung nonchalantly replies, pretending like he didn't care.

"Just, I don't feel like I'm comfortable being around him, unlike you," Mina gathers her guts to tell Chaeyoung, even though she's still not giving him a straight answer, but she hopes Chaeyoung might understand what she said. Her fingers fidget, waiting expectantly for what Chaeyoung is going to respond.