CHAPTER 2 - FLUTTER

There's only awkward silence gnawing at Chaeyoung and Mina as they dash to the cafe. Chaeyoung's eyes momentarily take a glimpse of Mina, trying to tear the tension apart. "So, how long will you be here?" Chaeyoung then turns his gaze to Mina, looking down a bit as she is shorter than him. She seems lost in her thoughts now. "Mina-yaa?"

Mina flinches as Chaeyoung calls out to her, "Uhh??did you say something?" She reciprocates Chaeyoung's gaze, her eyebrows raised.

"Are you daydreaming?" Chaeyoung chuckles. "Did you already start thinking about your prince charming?" Chaeyoung absorbs the teasing nature in him.

"What do you mean, prince charming?" Mina inquires.

"You know,...boyfriend?" Chaeyoung's voice shifts into a lower tone as he stitches his brows together.

"I don't have one..." Mina responds softly.

Chaeyoung's lips curl into a small, unknowing smile as he takes in Mina's words. "Never mind...by the way, how long will you be here?"

Mina's brows furrow slightly in contemplation. "Hmm... not so long, maybe about two months?" she replies.

Chaeyoung's expression falters slightly. "Just two months? It's quite short," he remarks with a hint of disappointment.

Mina simply nods in acknowledgment, an air of silence nearly settling between them until two young men playfully chase each other at the hallway, nearly colliding with Mina. Fortunately, Chaeyoung swiftly pulls her closer to him. Mina's head rests on Chaeyoung's chest as his arm envelops her in a hug.

As Mina's ears press against Chaeyoung's chest, she can hear the beats of his heart getting faster. She can also smell his masculine body, the scent is soft yet has a tinge of seductive, making her cheeks flush slightly, and a soft smile tugs at the corners of her lips, feeling a newfound attraction stirring within her.

"Yaa!!" Chaeyoung shouts out to the men who are now still running around, while pulling away from their hug. "Kids nowadays are so immature, running here and there," he mumbles.

Mina, still in surprise but seeing this protective side of Chaeyoung and his babbling, calling the guys that are almost the same age as him 'kids,' makes her giggle.

"Are you okay, Mina-yaa?" His voice softer than before, his eyes checking on Mina.

"Yup.. I'm good.. Thank you, Chaeyoung-aa," Mina flashes the sweetest gummy smile at him.

Chaeyoung's heart skips a beat as Mina smiles at him. He is momentarily stunned by the gummy smile, its genuine warmth captivating him completely. Unknown to Chaeyoung, his own smile also widens in response to Mina's charm.

"He's got dimples?" Mina's eyes blink and once again steal a glance at the smiling Chaeyoung. 'He truly has it.. it's kinda cute.' She maintains her composure outwardly, but internally, a quiet sense of fondness begins to blossom for him.

They finally arrive at the cafe and sway their steps toward Dahyun, Momo, and Jihyo. "Chaeng?" Jihyo notices Chaeyoung's presence.

"Heyy, glad that you guys are still here," Chaeyoung sighs before he continues. "This is Mina, she hasn't eaten lunch yet... that's why I'm bringing her along. The poor girl was left by her cousin, lucky that she met me and I picked her up," Chaeyoung pokes fun at Mina, which makes her shocked in disbelief looking at the sudden playful Chaeyoung.

"You're really teasing her on her first day, Chaeng??" Jihyo mumbles. "Don't mind him, Mina-yaa, he's always joking around.. By the way, I'm Jihyo," she curls a gummy friendly smile at Mina.

"Nah, it's okay.. I need to adapt to this," Mina looks at Chaeyoung, who is now sitting beside Dahyun.

"Here, sit beside me, I'm Momo," Momo taps the chair beside her and offers Mina to sit, which Mina abruptly does.