CHAPTER 19 - DROP OF DOUBT

The next day, Mina tells Chaeyoung that Jihyo will join them for lunch since they have a meeting with their clients afterward. She will ride with Jihyo because she needs to leave earlier.

It's almost lunch hour, Sana approaches Chaeyoung in his office asking to go out to lunch together. Chaeyoung tells her that he will have lunch with Mina and Jihyo today. Sana asks to join them because it's been a while since she met them. Chaeyoung then asks Mina if it's okay for Sana to join them. Mina feels contemplative at first but eventually, she says yes to his request since Jihyo also will be together with them.

When the lunch hour comes, Chaeyoung and Sana settle themselves earlier than Mina and Jihyo at the nearby cafe.

Chaeyoung takes a seat in front of Sana and as he rests his butt, he leans back into his chair. He feels a bit drowsy and slightly massages his own temple.

Sana observes Chaeyoung's movements, curiosity gnaws at her as she asks, "Is everything okay, Chaengi?? You don't look well," her voice hinting worries.

Chaeyoung stays in his position, not looking at Sana while saying, "Not so well. I have so many things running through my mind... you know, working life is sometimes stressful," he rants as he slightly closes his eyes.

Suddenly, he feels a gentle touch on his shoulders, slightly giving a comforting massage to him. He flinches, "Uhh?? It's okay, Sana-yaa," Chaeyoung straightens his body, trying to dodge Sana's touch. He didn't have any idea when Sana stood behind him.

"Yaa, why?? Didn't I always used to help you like this?" Sana shakes her head while chuckling. "Now, lean back," she orders in a cute way.

Chaeyoung didn't have a chance to respond when Sana already pulls him back to lean on his chair. Her hands somehow do a magical touch on Chaeyoung that makes him relax and feel hypnotized.

"How do you feel?? Did your worries now lifted by my magical hand, Chaengi?" Sana asks, her voice having a playful tone.

"Not bad, but at least I can feel it," Chaeyoung mischievously utters.

He unexpectedly enjoys Sana's massage on his shoulders. It's been a while since he had Mina treat him like this because his girlfriend is busier than ever now.

Suddenly, his phone buzzes. He slips the phone out of his pocket. It is a message from Mina, saying that they will be there in 5 minutes.

Feeling like stepping back into reality, Chaeyoung restrain Sana, "Hey, I'm all good now... Thank you, Sana-yaa," he says. Somehow guilt gulps him now.

Sana then goes back to her seat and just gives a warm smile to Chaeyoung. "Chaeng.. I just don't like to see you this tired. Next time, if you need my help, you can always count on me, you know?" Sana sincerely said.

"Why should I tell you? It's not like you are a superhero," Chaeyoung goofs, his face now seems a bit more cheerful than before.

Sana's eyes widen cutely as she feels offended by Chaeyoung. "Yaa, didn't you know I already have a new superpower now?" She asks in disbelief.

"Oh really?? Tell me what it is," Chaeyoung teases her.

"Yaa, I have the ability to flick an ant now," She says and bursts out laughing at her own joke.

"What the heck, you are so unserious," Chaeyoung clenches his stomach while laughing due to Sana's ridiculous banter.

Mina and Jihyo now enter the cafe, their eyes delicately scanning the surroundings, looking for Chaeyoung and Sana. Mina's eyes finally fall onto them, she could see they are now laughing together, allowing some overthinking to flood her mind.