CHAPTER 34 - THE HEIR

-TIME SKIPPED-

As night envelops the day, Chaeyoung sleeping in his bedroom,tossing and turning as beads of tears glisten on his forehead. Anxious and restless, the dream wraps around him like a heavy blanket. His eyes shut tightly, but his sighs are accompanied by strange images and unfamiliar sounds flashing through his mind.

There's an image of him standing at a distance, observing a mysterious young woman conversing with strangers. The woman turns her back to him, making it difficult for him to see her face.

"Chaeng, come here," a strange man calls out to him. As he approaches them, the woman turns around, her face blurred, leaving him bewildered.

"Nice to meet you, Chaeng," the woman offers a handshake, but as he attempts to reciprocate, everything fades away, transitioning to a new scene in his dream.

Suddenly, he finds himself sitting by the lake, silently sketching something, until his gaze shifts to the same woman. Her face is also blurred, but he can sense that she's smiling at him. He tilts his head toward the girl and flashes his wide smile.

"Will you be my girlfriend,......" He suddenly becomes stuck in his words, unable to utter the woman's name. Tears roll down his cheeks as he realizes he has forgotten the girl's name. Suddenly, the scene wipes away, flashing into another one.

He suddenly finds himself in another strange place, resembling a prom night. Each thudding beat of the music echoes in his ears as his eyes subtly scan the surroundings, finally landing on the same woman again, her face still concealed.

"Hey..." He starts to run toward the woman's table, but suddenly halts as a strange man talks to the her in the middle of the party. Chaeyoung freezes as he watches them talking, his heart aching as he sees them so close each other. Without hesitation, he dashes toward them and punches the man's face.

"Chaeyoung?" The woman cries out suddenly.

But in a split second, Chaeyoung is bewildered, as he is transported into another flash of a scene in his dream.

He finds himself strolling around the Han River, feeling the night breeze caressing his face as he smiles, hearing the same woman sitting beside him on the bench, laughing. Her laughter feels like a healing melody to his ears as he gazes at her, unable to see her face as she looks straight ahead.

The woman suddenly intertwines her hand with his, resting her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder as she says, "I want to stay like this forever with you, Chaeng. I love you forever. I've always been waiting for you. Come back to me faster, okay?" She suddenly sobs.

Chaeyoung is puzzled, he lifts her head to see him, but the wind makes her hair fall over her face, covering it completely. Despite this, Chaeyoung manages to smile. "I will come back to you. Just wait for me," he gently assures her. As he leans close to kiss her forehead, suddenly the image fades away, replacing with another one.

Chaeyoung found himself in another strange place, but this time, Sana was there, crying and covering her face with her palm.

"Sana, why are you crying?" He gently removes Sana's palms and hugs her. Suddenly, he feels someone pulling him, breaking the hug.

He flinches back, and suddenly a loud pang echoes through the place as the strange woman slaps him. He touches his cheek, tears streaming down his face, "I'm sorry... Please believe me, this is not what you think," he begs the woman.

But all that can be heard is the woman's voice cracking in tears, repeatedly saying, "Once a liar, will forever be a liar, Son Chaeyoung."

"Once a liar, will forever be a liar, Son Chaeyoung."